Valve Launches SteamOS Sale, Confirms A Lot Of New Linux Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clementl View Post
    They have improved that port since then.
    Yeah, it runs decently well now. However, all of the 'Ultra' features run much better on my Windows partition than on Linux. I have to take it down to 'High' when I play on Linux to stay around 60 FPS. Even still, it's not a massive enough difference to disappoint me, but I certainly hope The Witcher 3 is closer to parity. I can forgive The Witcher 2 since it was a first shot and they were using wrappers.

Comment

I'll make sure to buy a copy of Warframe: Red Dragon later this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
        I wonder how many of these are/will use Vulkan
        None I would guess, they are already release or soon to be release.

Comment

No discount for baldur's gate enhanced series

Comment

Originally posted by clementl View Post
            Since Dota 2 seems to be using Vulkan, and Valve already announced a big engine upgrade first half of 2015, it's not strange to assume Dota 2 will have Vulkan support earlier.
            DOTA 2 is not on sale as it is free to play.

Comment

Originally posted by scionicspectre View Post
              My favorite part is where it says 'Linux' instead of 'SteamOS'. We've arrived, people.
              My favorite part, port is made by feral. they made really good quality linux ports. And it seems to not have OsX port at all(not high enough ogl version? I doubt it will be vulkan yet):
              Can you guess our upcoming Mac, Linux and mobile games by looking at the Feral Radar?

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
                Initially, not a single one. It's possible a "Vulkan Patch" might come at a later date. I wouldn't expect to see any game utilizing Vulkan until 2016, very late 2015 at the absolute earliest.
                Adorable. You need to stop being so naive and get with reality! Our own mark driftmeyer has said
                Vulcan [sic] spec will be lucky to be finished by 2015 and won't see full implementation far past 2017.
                So, forget about vulkan until at least 2018, and games MAYBE a few years later... assuming the hyper intelligent flying cats haven't wiped us all out by then...

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                  It looks like Valve is going to replace the Tux by a custom SteamOS logo (take a look at the steamos page...)
                  Yeah, as expected they starts to advertising SteamOS more explicitly not Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
                    Adorable. You need to stop being so naive and get with reality! Our own mark driftmeyer has said
                    I'm sure he also didn't expect to already see multiple demos from different software and hardware companies already working this early, so.... What he was naively guessing with no inside information is just his personal guess.

It's coming out later this year - how fast games pick it up is still something of an open question, though. It looks like Valve will probably be an early adopter and they can push out a lot of linux native games relatively quickly if they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                      I'm sure he also didn't expect to already see multiple demos from different software and hardware companies already working this early, so.... What he was naively guessing with no inside information is just his personal guess.

It's coming out later this year - how fast games pick it up is still something of an open question, though. It looks like Valve will probably be an early adopter and they can push out a lot of linux native games relatively quickly if they want to.
                      even blind guessing with 1/20th of the facts can't be so wrong. it was obvious even to the blind, deaf and mute paraplegic without sense of smell and touch that this is "do or die" situation for OpenGL. if they waited 3 years, everyone would simply abandon it due to advances of other APIs
                      Last edited by justmy2cents; 05 March 2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X