Valve Launches SteamOS Sale, Confirms A Lot Of New Linux Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clementl View Post
    They have improved that port since then.
    I agree, Witcher 2 now runs flawlessly on my computer

Got it working with streaming on the TV with a Wiimote -> sooo good
    Last edited by Passso; 05 March 2015, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
      There I fixed it for you:
      No need, point is "it is not Linux not even GNU/Linux, but SteamOS." And why...

Seriously, does that even matter?
      It does metter and it is good to say that, thus avoiding linux distributions fragmentation issue... better way to say "your Linux from Scratch instalation is basically not supported! It might work, but you should know your thing, not us"

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        No need, point is "it is not Linux not even GNU/Linux, but SteamOS." And why...

It does metter and it is good to say that, thus avoiding linux distributions fragmentation issue... better way to say "your Linux from Scratch instalation is basically not supported! It might work, but you should know your thing, not us"
        Debian <icon>, Ubuntu <icon>, Arch <icon>, SteamOS <icon> and they all are???

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
          It is not a question what those *are*, but what is (best) supported

SteamOS.
          Last edited by dungeon; 05 March 2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
            A single little Tux icon beside the Steam Os one would be welcomed.
            (If I remember well it was...)

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
              A single little Tux icon beside the Steam Os one would be welcomed.
              (If I remember well it was...)
              And one gnu icon besides tux icon, that should be more proper While, Android should have tux only icon

Does Playstation have Daemon icon?

Comment

@Passso

Does the ICON really matter? For me only the quality of the ports does. And many could be done better.

Witcher 2 is a 32 bit app via a wrapper, can use at max 4 gb ram, crashed very often if you have got 100+ savegames. I really liked that game and it ran with simple settings fast enough with my 650 Ti, but i can not rate it flawlessly at all. It has lots of potential to improve.

Comment

Those 32bit binaries only, are laughable at this age really .

About DX>OGL ports... those most of the time run like shit, it is same situation with ports for Mac . It seems likely that most of the time it is next to *impossibile* for many porters to achieve similar performance out of graphically demanding DX only game .

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    Witcher 2 is a 32 bit app via a wrapper... crashed very often if you have got 100+ savegames.
                    The "too many savegames" issue is a CDProjekt issue since on launch, not eON's fault, they can't fix it and the wanted too even.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      @Passso

Does the ICON really matter? For me only the quality of the ports does. And many could be done better.

Witcher 2 is a 32 bit app via a wrapper, can use at max 4 gb ram, crashed very often if you have got 100+ savegames. I really liked that game and it ran with simple settings fast enough with my 650 Ti, but i can not rate it flawlessly at all. It has lots of potential to improve.
                      The icon gives the signal "this game is available on Linux"

Comment

Working...
                      X