Unreal Engine Made Free By Epic Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    It is a wise marketing step to open the code for everybody. It should definitely increase the number of new multiplatform games. I think it was a great fault that Unigine did nothing like that before. Epic just followed Unity and even surpasses it right now. As i am no game developer i do not know how many really need to change the engine to fit to their needs, but it is certainly a very interesting aspect. It it really impressive how many Unity games you find on Linux/Android right now, Epic is prepared for a challange it seems.
    But, it isn't open for everyone. https://github.com/EpicGames shows 0 repos, so, it seems like you have to join the "developer" program, which requires a paid account.
    That isn't free.

Comment

Originally posted by vortex View Post
      But, it isn't open for everyone. https://github.com/EpicGames shows 0 repos, so, it seems like you have to join the "developer" program, which requires a paid account.
      That isn't free.
      You just have to create a free account and link your github account with that. Then they will send you a access request.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
        You just have to create a free account and link your github account with that. Then they will send you a access request.
        That is what I tried, and it said that it requires a paid account to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by vortex View Post
          That is what I tried, and it said that it requires a paid account to do that.
          Have you tried unlinking your GitHub account from your UE account and relinking it? Because I am able to access both repositories (UE and UT) through GitHub.

Comment

Regarding the royalties, anyone doing anything where they expect to make big money will be signing a separate deal with Epic for an engine license.

Comment

Working...
            X