Mozilla Thunderbird Adoption Climbs, Thunderbird 38 In May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nille View Post
    About the RSS-Feed. I would love to use TB for this but i have a serious problem with the refresh. many feeds are not properly refreshed or never get an update. e.g. most of the word press feeds are broken for me in TB.

Thats is the Reason why i use Feedreader 3 (on the crappy webservice) on windows. and in linux a addon
    Feed reader | RSS - ATOM - OPML This extension has NOT been rewritten with the new WebExtensions API (Firefox Quantum). No future version is planned by the original developer. Bamboo is still running with Palemoon.

You can thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      The boost to Thunderbird usage is probably due to Windows XP EOL. At least in my household.
      Yep. All the XP users in my family are now running Thunderbird. Some on Ubuntu, others on Win7 (all the non-technical folks over 70 got Win7).
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin_L View Post
        There's a need for online clients? Don't you have a smartphone or tablet? How do you encrypt mails? Can't think of a single way I could get rid of mail clients.
        100% agree. If it doesn't support PGP I have no use for it.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          The boost to Thunderbird usage is probably due to Windows XP EOL. At least in my household.
          2 dozens of machines with WinXP that later got Win7 or (some unlucky) Win8.1, humming along for the last 9 years with TB, yeah.

Comment

iv'e tried Evolution an Claws Email but i always keep coming back to Thunderbird

Comment

So what will be the main features of T 38?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Aside from having a consistent interface among all platforms and email addresses, I really never understood the purpose behind installed email clients. They were very practical back in the dialup times, because bandwidth was scarce and if you used the phone line for making calls, you wanted to access messages while offline. Today, I find email clients to be a real burden. In the office I work at, many people use Outlook Express, because it's familiar to them (unlike the webmail) even though it CONSTANTLY gives them problems.
                Well... when maintaining proper identity separation (Work-Family-Private-Spam-n*#ofGeekSubcultures) you end up with around half a dozen email addresses at a minimum, and if you're a developer you want a whole account dedicated to following various lists... you need an email client to manage all of them.

Comment

I have been using Emacs with Gnus for 10+ years on my Linux boxes. Since I run my own mail server I have SquirrelMail for when I am not near one of my own boxes but this has been mostly replaced with K-9 mail on my phone.

I don't trust anyone like Google, Microsoft, or other large company with full access to my email whether it is encrypted or not.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    Yep. All the XP users in my family are now running Thunderbird. Some on Ubuntu, others on Win7 (all the non-technical folks over 70 got Win7).
                    Thats odd, I put the 70+ crowd on Kubuntu on purpose, so they don't get a billion viruses and their computer auto-updates all their software. Under 70 often are on Windows because they want their native MSoffice.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                      Well... when maintaining proper identity separation (Work-Family-Private-Spam-n*#ofGeekSubcultures) you end up with around half a dozen email addresses at a minimum, and if you're a developer you want a whole account dedicated to following various lists... you need an email client to manage all of them.
                      A) I mostly don't care that much
                      B) that's what + addresses are for

Comment

Working...
                      X