Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Thunderbird Adoption Climbs, Thunderbird 38 In May

Phoronix: Mozilla Thunderbird Adoption Climbs, Thunderbird 38 In May

While Mozilla doesn't devote nearly as many resources to their Thunderbird email client as they do to Firefox and there isn't as many high-profile releases for this project in a while, Thunderbird adoption continues to climb...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unfortunately it still can't beat the convenience of online clients, which you can access from anywhere. If it was 10-15 years ago, I'd gladly use it.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      Unfortunately it still can't beat the convenience of online clients, which you can access from anywhere. If it was 10-15 years ago, I'd gladly use it.
      There's a need for online clients? Don't you have a smartphone or tablet? How do you encrypt mails? Can't think of a single way I could get rid of mail clients.

Comment

Hah, I feel the exact opposite!

Online clients can not beat the convenience of an email client like TB. Just open up the program and all your emails from all your accounts flow into it without the need to visit any webpages.

Comment

"Convenience" and "online clients" in one sentence. Oh dear. That said, I loathe those online clients - GMail, Axigen, etc. - none of them comes even close to a decent desktop client.

Comment

It's a great and very complete. I'm using it on my Linux machine @work and it's the only client I've found to render html messages accurately and don't mess them up when You replay to such mail.

Big Fan.

Comment

I Use TB because its Multiplatform and free. I have looked at other choices but they mostly worse, ugly, zero integration, looks like from the early 90th, closed source or commercial.

About the RSS-Feed. I would love to use TB for this but i have a serious problem with the refresh. many feeds are not properly refreshed or never get an update. e.g. most of the word press feeds are broken for me in TB.

Thats is the Reason why i use Feedreader 3 (on the crappy webservice) on windows. and in linux a addon

Comment

If only the search function would be as good in Evolution as it is in Thunderbird...

Comment

I just use gmail, and quite like it's interface. I'm not a heavy email user though.

Comment

A shame that mozilla doesn't dedicate more resources to it. The interface needs a bit of a refresh/polishing and TB as a whole needs features to be added.

Comment

Working...
                    X