Mesa 10.5 Is In Ubuntu 15.04 For The Latest Open-Source GPU Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.5 Is In Ubuntu 15.04 For The Latest Open-Source GPU Drivers

Phoronix: Mesa 10.5 Is In Ubuntu 15.04 For The Latest Open-Source GPU Drivers

For Ubuntu Linux users who haven't tried the Vivid Verbet Beta 1 release yet, you'll be pleased to know that Ubuntu 15.04 is riding off Mesa 10.5 for having the latest open-source graphics drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sucks that 15.04 won't have X 1.17, even though it was out for weeks before the feature freeze. Huge improvements on GLAMOR.

Comment

Glad to see they changed attitude toward graphic performance. I remember a while ago having to run Xorg-edger's PPA in order to get a decent up-to-date Mesa version. Since the 9.X day there's been incredible performance increase. I can't wait to see OpenGL 4.X support going in.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
        Sucks that 15.04 won't have X 1.17, even though it was out for weeks before the feature freeze. Huge improvements on GLAMOR.
        I don't see any reason why Ubuntu 15.04 would not get Xserver 1.17.

Comment

MESA 10.5? Good for sure.

MESA 10.5? Good for sure - it got far less bugs than older version when it comes to more or less recent GPUs. It would be nice if they go LLVM 3.6, too. Because everything before 3.6RCs sucked way too much on AMD GCN GPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
            MESA 10.5? Good for sure - it got far less bugs than older version when it comes to more or less recent GPUs. It would be nice if they go LLVM 3.6, too. Because everything before 3.6RCs sucked way too much on AMD GCN GPUs.
            As i see llvm 3.6 is default for vivid and it is builded agianst 3.6:

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
              As i see llvm 3.6 is default for vivid and it is builded agianst 3.6:
              Aha, I see, thank you. Good timings!

Comment

Does 15.04 come with War as default display server? With XWar kludge?

Comment

Working...
                X