Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing PTS 1.0.x on RH5Ux

Hi everyone,

I intend this post to become a quick howto for people willing to run PTS on a RH 5Ux distribution.

I'm currently helping someone who is in charge with the testing and benchmarking of various Int.l products. Actual ones and ... well one with a NDA on it (yuuuu )
    So immediatly I proposed him PTS... And began reading documentation and PTS 1.0.3 deployment on one machine.

The "problem" is that all machines comes with RedHat 5U2 x64, so initially meeting all packages requirements isn't quite easy.

First what I did:
    • Install RPMforge package, so that plenty missing packages will be available through yum.
    • Install "about to be missing" deps and PTS requirement:
      Code:
      # yum install php-cli php-gd
      # yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
      # yum groupinstall "X Software Development"
      # yum install SDL-devel gtk2-devel imlib2-devel SDL_net SDL_image portaudio scons git imlib2-devel freeglut-devel
      # yum install scons-0.96.1-2.2.el5.rf (or any other older version thant 0.98 which prevent yafray to build)
      [# yum install SDL_Pango-devel SDL_gfx-devel SDL_image-devel SDL_mixer-devel SDL_net-devel SDL_ttf-devel]
      Well concerning the last SDL part, I'm not sure because there isn't any "sdl-devel" rpm available.
    • Get java (works with sun java 1.6), install the rpm and don't forget to recreate the link, for example:
      Code:
      ln -sf /usr/java/jre1.6.0_07/bin/java /etc/alternatives/java
    • Get PTS, uncompress it and run the install-sh script.

But yet, when installing PTS tests, it's still complaining about Xorg dev missing dependencies:
    Code:
    X.Org Development Files and Libraries
    Possible Package Names: xserver-xorg-development, xorg-devel
    No single trace of such a package in RPM repos, and the software group "X Software Development" is already installed.

So if you know to what basic rpm it refers, please let me know
    Last edited by elgoretto; 16 July 2008, 08:42 AM.

Hi,

You can actually make PTS install all of the Red Hat packages for you (aside from php5-cli). Take a look at:

pts/distro-xml/fedora-packages.xml
    and
    pts/distro-scripts/install-fedora-packages.xml

Just rename that appropriately and then change out any differences in package names between Fedora and RH (granted, most of them should be the same), and then the Phoronix Test suite will automatically install the needed packages for you.

We'd gladly accept any changes you make upstream for RH support.

Michael
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X