Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82

Thread: UT3 Linux Client Is "In The Works"

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Przeciwko View Post
    By buying Windows version when Linux client is in work he supports Epic and in same time - work on Linux client.
    No, by buying the windows version youre saying with your money that you dont need the linux client. The only way to vote is with your wallet. All linux players should not buy ut3 until they can play it on linux as soon as they purchase it. Now that they have your money, they (epic) just dont care.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Well, it depends how the announcement of a Linux client was worded. If it was that "a Linux client would be released soon", you might have a case for false advertising, at least in the UK/IE. Realistically though, I can't see them caring. Not enough people will go after them for it to matter.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by me262 View Post
    Better (read, Blizzard) games like Starcraft II and Diablo III are peaking my interest now.
    You mean companies that don't and never will support Linux. Isn't that the same thing as supporting Windows?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xav1r View Post
    No, by buying the windows version youre saying with your money that you dont need the linux client. The only way to vote is with your wallet. All linux players should not buy ut3 until they can play it on linux as soon as they purchase it. Now that they have your money, they (epic) just dont care.
    Yeah you are so riiiight. WarTourist messages on Phoronix shows how they don't care, this news to...
    Man, think again before you post such bull****. It's like FUD by Microsoft.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Przeciwko View Post
    Yeah you are so riiiight. WarTourist messages on Phoronix shows how they don't care, this news to...
    Man, think again before you post such bull****. It's like FUD by Microsoft.
    well, wartourists words havent provided anything new, just fuel to the flames of skeptibility. Until the linux client is available for download everywhere the reality of my statements hasnt changed yet.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL, USA
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    You mean companies that don't and never will support Linux. Isn't that the same thing as supporting Windows?
    Not when I run them under Wine / Cedega...
    Unfortunately it seems right now to be essential until people start developing for linux. There are a few rare games that I do this with. Any game made by Blizzard (because my friends are Blizzard fanatics), and Guild Wars (because most of my friends had it too). Other than that, I have native clients for everything else. Too bad about NWN2, never picked that up.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL, USA
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieAB View Post
    Well, it depends how the announcement of a Linux client was worded. If it was that "a Linux client would be released soon", you might have a case for false advertising, at least in the UK/IE. Realistically though, I can't see them caring. Not enough people will go after them for it to matter.
    How about "a linux client will be released on the game disc"?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by me262 View Post
    How about "a linux client will be released on the game disc"?
    If you can produce advertising material that states that, than it is an open and closed case under Irish law, which states in summary "Goods must be as advertised".

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by me262 View Post
    How about "a linux client will be released on the game disc"?
    As it used to be the case for UT2004, I was thrilled to see that little penguin on the box when I first got it!

    link to full back box picture.

    Tux detail + highlight



    Oh, and I got the Special DVD Edition with the metal box and all [1][2], I wanted to get the Special Edition of Unreal Tournament III, alas, no Linux client in the disks meant me not buying it.
    Last edited by Thetargos; 07-13-2008 at 09:56 PM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    You mean companies that don't and never will support Linux. Isn't that the same thing as supporting Windows?
    Liking Linux and being a gamer are sometimes mutually exclusive. You could argue that we at least know what to expect from Blizzard on the Linux gaming front. It would be great to have a established and well-liked game developer like Blizzard jump in to Linux gaming, but there are some of who aren't going to wait around for that to happen to play quality games (we'll just gripe about not being able to do so on our chosen OS).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •