UT3 Linux Client Is "In The Works"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Przeciwko View Post
    By buying Windows version when Linux client is in work he supports Epic and in same time - work on Linux client.
    No, by buying the windows version youre saying with your money that you dont need the linux client. The only way to vote is with your wallet. All linux players should not buy ut3 until they can play it on linux as soon as they purchase it. Now that they have your money, they (epic) just dont care.

Comment

Well, it depends how the announcement of a Linux client was worded. If it was that "a Linux client would be released soon", you might have a case for false advertising, at least in the UK/IE. Realistically though, I can't see them caring. Not enough people will go after them for it to matter.

Comment

Originally posted by me262 View Post
        Better (read, Blizzard) games like Starcraft II and Diablo III are peaking my interest now.
        You mean companies that don't and never will support Linux. Isn't that the same thing as supporting Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
          No, by buying the windows version youre saying with your money that you dont need the linux client. The only way to vote is with your wallet. All linux players should not buy ut3 until they can play it on linux as soon as they purchase it. Now that they have your money, they (epic) just dont care.
          Yeah you are so riiiight. WarTourist messages on Phoronix shows how they don't care, this news to...
          Man, think again before you post such bull****. It's like FUD by Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by Przeciwko View Post
            Yeah you are so riiiight. WarTourist messages on Phoronix shows how they don't care, this news to...
            Man, think again before you post such bull****. It's like FUD by Microsoft.
            well, wartourists words havent provided anything new, just fuel to the flames of skeptibility. Until the linux client is available for download everywhere the reality of my statements hasnt changed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
              You mean companies that don't and never will support Linux. Isn't that the same thing as supporting Windows?
              Not when I run them under Wine / Cedega...
              Unfortunately it seems right now to be essential until people start developing for linux. There are a few rare games that I do this with. Any game made by Blizzard (because my friends are Blizzard fanatics), and Guild Wars (because most of my friends had it too). Other than that, I have native clients for everything else. Too bad about NWN2, never picked that up.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
                Well, it depends how the announcement of a Linux client was worded. If it was that "a Linux client would be released soon", you might have a case for false advertising, at least in the UK/IE. Realistically though, I can't see them caring. Not enough people will go after them for it to matter.
                How about "a linux client will be released on the game disc"?

Comment

If you can produce advertising material that states that, than it is an open and closed case under Irish law, which states in summary "Goods must be as advertised".

Comment

As it used to be the case for UT2004, I was thrilled to see that little penguin on the box when I first got it!

link to full back box picture.

Tux detail + highlight

Oh, and I got the Special DVD Edition with the metal box and all [1][2], I wanted to get the Special Edition of Unreal Tournament III, alas, no Linux client in the disks meant me not buying it.
                    Last edited by Thetargos; 13 July 2008, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                      Liking Linux and being a gamer are sometimes mutually exclusive. You could argue that we at least know what to expect from Blizzard on the Linux gaming front. It would be great to have a established and well-liked game developer like Blizzard jump in to Linux gaming, but there are some of who aren't going to wait around for that to happen to play quality games (we'll just gripe about not being able to do so on our chosen OS).

Comment

Working...
                      X