Too bright, my eyes hurt from graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bright, my eyes hurt from graphics card

I've had this Samsung SyncMaster 997MB for about a year now and I'm not very happy with it. ..

The problem (well, there are several, but the one that irritates me the most) is that even when I set the brightness to the absolute minimum, I cannot get a true black. Normally, when you turn the brightness to zero on a CRT, it should look as though it is turned off. Playing games with dark pictures (like Thief or Doom 3) look washed out and grey. ..

ps - I have already tried every gamma adjusting method there is. There is a set level of brightness that this monitor simply CANNOT go below.

I have tested another monitor in my computer, and got the same problem, so I think that the problem isn't in my monitor, but in my video card. It is possible?

I have a eVGA 7800 GT PCI-E 256MB.

Another problem that I notice, is in desktop... in the right of the display, my files have too much bright... like this:
    http://i34.tinypic.com/2j3hf9j.jpg (Not exactly, this was edit in photoshop)

And with photoshop open with a black background, I got something like this:
    http://i35.tinypic.com/axcwg8.jpg (Not exactly, this was edit in photoshop)

Can someone help me please?
    This is very URGENT for me because I have my eyes hurts... I need glasses because of this problem, I am working at home over a year with this problem. ;(

I need glasses, too. And if I am looking at a CRT, my eyes hurt, too. You should check if it's set to 100Hz (if it supports this). For me, a TFT is the only alternative (runs @ 76Hz), but I'd prefer a TFT anyways.

Comment

You videocard maybe overvolting the signal out as well which is fairly common symtom on a failing card.

Comment

deanjo, is there any way to fix that?

Comment

Working...
        X