VLC 2.2 Has Many Features Coming, But VLC 3.0 Will Be Even More Exciting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
    Put force-window=yes and idle=yes in mpv's config file, that way you'll get a window for audio files or even if you just start the player itself without loading any file. You can then use the built-in OSC (on-screen controller) to control music, or the keyboard shortcuts too of course. To load files, just drag them onto this window.
    ... I'm saved. You just made my life SO much easier, and I thank you.
    (I swear I've looked in the man pages for options like those... meh)

Comment

One thing I have noticed is VLC dims the screen on my laptop while I'm watching video and eventually the power saving kicks in and suspends the laptop, I have to move mouse periodically to stop it sleeping. I swear there used to be a setting to supress power saving whilst full screen but doesn't seem to work anymore. It might just be fedora screwed up power though because similar things have been happening watching fullscreen html 5 videos in my browser. Really annoying because sometime I plug laptop in to my TV and I have to get up from couch and wake the thing from sleep whilst watching a video.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
        ... I'm saved. You just made my life SO much easier, and I thank you.
        (I swear I've looked in the man pages for options like those... meh)
        They've got some very nice documentation that's always up-to-date.

But actually it took me about half an hour just trying different options that I thought would do something that I wanted.

What I really like the most, is I can use MPV like FFmpeg. What I do is add mpv to the environment variables, then write up a quick .bat that is a drag and drop converter. It managed to save one of my recordings because I used a funny format/fps.

Comment

Working...
        X