No announcement yet.

CrunchBang Is The Latest Linux Distribution Calling It Quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time i checked it, it was based on testing never on stable. It might only looks like it is based on stable but that is only now, because Debian is in freeze .

Ah he maded one iso for systemd-free lovers based on wheezy, that is just exception rather then a rule .

Those from Mepis community reminds me on Ubuntu, with great number of unofficial/backported/etc... packages, only without a big company to support/fund them
    Last edited by dungeon; 07 February 2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

But to be exact what i don't like about Antix is not that it still have xmms and gtk1 ... but because of communist propaganda in that distro, fire up browser and you will see it

If you like fluxbox ootb, better try vsido

Last edited by dungeon; 07 February 2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
        Read my lips, SLOWLY, CentOS uses RHEL SRPMS (sources) and recompiles them while trying to maintain binary compatibility. This means, my dear troll, that if RedHat uses GNOME 3, systemd or any other technology your-trollhod dislikes, CentOS will use the *same* SRPM (source), recompile it and use it *as is*. [1]

Congrats for getting my vote in your nomination as next year's village idiot.

- Gilboa
        [1] https://www.centos.org/about/

Well, village idiot? ahh probably you come from a village and you are proyecting. How can I read your lips on text? When Red Hat anounce the Fedora Workstation/Cloud/Server they also anounce the plan for CentOS if you don't readed cause you don't care probably where cleaning the dust of your 4 pc and talking with some fat dudes on internet, but you still can readed if you know how to use Google,

Comment

Originally posted by cocklover View Post
          Well, village idiot? ahh probably you come from a village and you are proyecting. How can I read your lips on text? When Red Hat anounce the Fedora Workstation/Cloud/Server they also anounce the plan for CentOS if you don't readed cause you don't care probably where cleaning the dust of your 4 pc and talking with some fat dudes on internet, but you still can readed if you know how to use Google,
          First, as a general comment, when one tries to throw insults at at another, one should use semi-proper spelling and grammar. Throwing badly phrased insults simply makes you look like a simpleton, nothing else. BTW, being a non-native English speaker is generally a bad excuses.

Second, as the link I sent was simply to complicated for you to fully comprehend, let me try to write a poem for you (all rights reserved, Gilboa, 2015):

"CentOS, has one noble goal,
          To be compatible with RHEL as a whole.
          RHEL sources CentOS takes,
          Binary compatibility it fakes.
          If systemd is used by RHEL,
          CentOS will gladly use it and send SysV to hell.
          All RHEL clones do the same,
          Scientific Linux is just as tame.
          Even Oracle Linux will not break the line,
          As much Oracle hates RHEL for eating their pie."
          - Gilboa
          oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
          oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
          oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
          Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Killed by systemd.

And counting...
            The file or resource could not be found.

Comment

Working...
            X