Linux 3.19-rc7 Kernel Released: Linux 3.19 Final Coming Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    If you have a computer that has this issue, I suggest you contact the kernel devs. If I'm not mistaken they stopped fixing the bug as they ran out of hardware that had it.
    In fact, the only hardware that displayed the problem was never released to the public. It was pre-release test hardware from Intel. I think the current assumption by the kernel devs is that the CPU had a hardware bug in it, and that bug was never actually shipped to any customers.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      In fact, the only hardware that displayed the problem was never released to the public. It was pre-release test hardware from Intel. I think the current assumption by the kernel devs is that the CPU had a hardware bug in it, and that bug was never actually shipped to any customers.
      It affects me too though. And i have all-AMD system.

Comment

Originally posted by bitman View Post
        It affects me too though. And i have all-AMD system.
        If you are sure it's the same problem (did the workaround they came up with fix your issue as well?) then you should report that to the kernel devs, because they aren't aware of the issue being widespread.

Comment

For me it looks like if I had some stability issues under heavy load on early 3.18RCs which looked like race conditions or so. But now they're gone, probably thanks to all this buzz and resulting massive bugs squashing here and there. So 3.18 release and 3.19 RCs are ok for me.

Comment

Working...
          X