X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grim Fandago Remastered with OSS drivers

Hey everyone,

I'm pondering to buy Grim Fandango Remastered:

Something's rotten in the land of the dead, and you're being played for a sucker. Meet Ma

The page explicitly says that OSS AMD drivers are not supported. Does anyone have the game and can tell what is up with that? This isn't a very demanding game and barring any bugs it should work just fine with Radeon drivers.

EDIT - ignore my comment about compatibility profiles, that wouldn't explain why Intel graphics are supported but not AMD with the open drivers.

New comment is "I dunno, that sounds strange".
    Last edited by bridgman; 31 January 2015, 11:45 AM.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      EDIT - ignore my comment about compatibility profiles, that wouldn't explain why Intel graphics are supported but not AMD with the open drivers.

New comment is "I dunno, that sounds strange".
      My hunch is various game makers consider OSS drivers unofficial and not supported by AMD

Comment

"Additional Notes: GPU that supports OpenGL 3.3 or higher"

This is what the web site says about it's opengl requirements. But it sounds like if the OSS drivers support all those functions up to and including v3.3 then it should work.

glxinfo is the tool you need to tell you what gl version the drivers you are using support.

Comment

If they are so sure, then they probably have tested it. I don't understand why they don't simply give a short reason like "driver crashes" or "driver doesn't support feature X".

There is one bug report in the freedesktop bugzilla https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=88887

It appears a user has filed it. Why didn't the developers file it when they encountered it?

According to comment 1 it works with a recent llvm version. Perhaps the developers only tested with an old version like ubuntu lts or so?

We'll probably never know...

Comment

FYI, I got the game, and it works just fine with radeonsi.

Comment

Oh good
              Test signature

Comment

Working...
              X