X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spstarr View Post
    Michael,

Here's my results:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles
    Thanks spstarr, that is likely fastest laptop running opensource graphics drivers .

Comment

Originally posted by nslay View Post
      Wow, that has closer to the legendary Thinkpad keyboard. I might consider that as my next laptop!

Does the keyboard feel like the original Thinkpad keyboard?

T and W series now sport an awkwardly-placed touchpad with a numeric pad (that almost no one needs or uses!). Lenovo has really ruined Thinkpad with the 540 series.
      That looks exactly like the one on my L440. Actually the keyboard was a big factor in my decision to buy a thinkpad. Day and night difference between this and a macbook keyboard. I hope the touchpad is better with the new broadwell laptops because the one I have is shitty.

Comment

Michael,

Here's my results:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

The Disk on this isn't very good, this is a Hybrid-SSD disk and it's pretty poor on I/O, but once 1TB SSDs come out and are cheaper, I'll be swapping disk
        Wow, that's probably the fastest laptop with open drivers! Which GPU do you have?
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          Wow, that's probably the fastest laptop with open drivers! Which GPU do you have?
          Bonaire for mobile workstations called Saturn or if you like marketing names that is FirePro M6100

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
            This is a Bonaire but its a Saturn XT [FirePro M6100] special GPU some laptops, it's part of the Southern Islands series, GCN 1.1 hardware.

Comment

Even more strange...

I redid the same test with the Haswell HD 4600, and I still beat the Broadwell-U GPU! Unengine Tropics fails to run however (white screen).

I should note for both tests, Unengine does *not* run full-screen it runs in a window at the resolution specified. I don't know if thats expected or not but, it never ran full screen for me.

Comment

True Unigine FPS for BONAIRE

Unigine

Tropics Demo v1.3

FPS:
                Scores:
                Min FPS:
                Max FPS:

No way it's 158 FPS, I wish but it's not happening.

Comment

I redid the same test with the Haswell HD 4600, and I still beat the Broadwell-U GPU!
                  I guess it's because of the faster CPU/ram.
                  ## VGA ##

Comment

I redid the same test with the Haswell HD 4600, and I still beat the Broadwell-U GPU!
                    Nothing wrong HD4600 should be a bit faster then HD5500, HD5500 should be only faster to the HD4400
                    Last edited by dungeon; 27 January 2015, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Can you please share the results with HD4600?
                      ## VGA ##

Comment

Working...
                      X