KWin 5.3 To Have New Speed Optimizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so, some thoughts on it :

- The experience is visually appealing, I chose the dark theme.
    - One thing that bothered me is the fonts : on 96dpi, they looked ugly (blurred, etc). I reverted back to Liberation, and everything looks prettier (in my opinion).
    - The system configuration applet is still incomplete. I understand it, since they said they were working on a new design for it; but come on... I can't manage screen properties, nor SDDM settings.
    - The switch from KDM to SDDM is a plus, I couldn't successfully change my login picture, though, nor I could change the keyboard layout on the login screen.
    - I can't take screenshots from steam. Very annoying in-game. I guess it's the price for disabling compositing in fullscreen apps.
    - Everything is smoother, faster, etc... very nice
    - Applications does not come first when I type in the launcher : If I tape "Terminal", I will see the terminal emulators for ~ 1 sec, then some text files... It would need some sorting
    - A lot of plasmoids weren't ported yet. Even the "show desktop" one
    - Blurring is horrible (At least for the application launcher), if I enable the oxygen workspace theme, with breeze dark decorations
    - Not everything is translated yet. This is a minor issue
    - A few graphical glitches.

That's all... For now. There may be some little things I can't remember right now. Overall it's in good shape.

Comment

Working...
    X