Xonotic 0.8 Performance With The Open-Source AMD/NVIDIA Gallium3D Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xonotic 0.8 Performance With The Open-Source AMD/NVIDIA Gallium3D Drivers

Phoronix: Xonotic 0.8 Performance With The Open-Source AMD/NVIDIA Gallium3D Drivers

With Xonotic 0.8.0 finally having been released after one and a half years in development, here's some open-source Mesa/Gallium3D graphics benchmarks on many different graphics cards for this high-profile open-source first person shooter game.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why didn't you include Catalyst?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Open source drivers.... Back off, Nvidia, this is (for once) AMD's turf!

Comment

Also please bench Xonotic 0.8 for Intel vs AMD APUs with open source drivers.
        ## VGA ##

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          Why didn't you include Catalyst?
          Who cares about Catalyst? lol

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
            Who cares about Catalyst? lol
            Especially considering the specs in his signature. Anything lower than the 7000 series and you'll not see much improvements (if any) by going to catalyst.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
              Especially considering the specs in his signature. Anything lower than the 7000 series and you'll not see much improvements (if any) by going to catalyst.
              Depends on what you need. Catalyst has lower performance but has OGL 4.x support. Radeon is faster but has OGL 3.x only (yet).

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                I currently have a 7950: I can't update my signature anymore since a long time.
                Anyway the whole point about Catalyst is to compare the radeon performance (which should be already faster than Catalyst with Xonotic).
                ## VGA ##

Comment

I built the Git version on my system:

Mageia 2
                  Onboard Nvidia GeForce 8200
                  1080p display
                  4GB memory
                  Mesa 8.0.2
                  Xserver 1.13.2.902
                  Nouveau 1.0.0

And i get completely unplayable framerates. on 1920 x 1080 I get single digit fps on medium and low quality, and at 1280 x 720 I get slightly more than 10 FPS.

Comment

That's expected even on a blob driver, 8200 mobile is a really low-end card?

Comment

Working...
                    X