Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 Engine Drops Linux Support, Calls It "Frankenstein OS"

Phoronix: C4 Engine Drops Linux Support, Calls It "Frankenstein OS"

Version 4.2 of the cross-platform C4 Game Engine was released today. The big change of C4 Engine 4.2 is that it gets rid of Linux support after its lead developer has had a very unhappy and difficult experience with Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Huh, that's interesting. As a developer, my experience w.r.t. development on Windows/OS X/Linux has been totally opposite his. Seeing that he calls 'sudo apt-get' a problem I can imagine the problem lays somewhere between the keyboard and his chair.

Comment

Likewise, I could have written that quoted paragraph except about Windows and Mac.

Comment

I've seen 6 years old install Ubuntu...and he calls himself a game developer????!!!!!
        )))))))))))))

Comment

lol

he cant install ubuntu? really lol even my mom do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
            I've seen 6 years old install Ubuntu...and he calls himself a game developer????!!!!!
            )))))))))))))
            As I see the screenshots, not much of a game. PC version of flappy.

Comment

I'm C4 user and I'm very disappointed.In few word Eric Lengey is arrogant jerk and use unreal engine.

Comment

Yeah. That is pretty sad. My 57 y.o. dad has 2 linux systems, and I have seen children comprehend package management. lol. The mere fact that he couldn't get Ubuntu installed is just.... idunno. My head hurts trying to think of how he effed it up.

Obviously he is just hating hella hard. If you look at his Twitter account, he is basically throwing a fit over it. It is kind of funny.

Comment

Obviously the guy is plainly trolling. What is C4 engine anyway?

Comment

He says too in the future that they may support SteamOS but that they will not let the engine run on Linux in general.
                    If it runs on SteamOS, it will run on every Linux distro with Steam installed. Seems this guy was trying to build directly against the underlying OS.

Comment

Working...
                    X