No announcement yet.

C4 Engine Drops Linux Support, Calls It "Frankenstein OS"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to develop a multi-platform engine it would be wise to know OpenGL (ES), otherwise to you can not support OSX/iOS, PlayStation might be similar as well. For XBox you need D3D... It would be very unlogical if you can support OSX but not Linux.

Comment

• Originally posted by sepul View Post
      whine whine whine....
      Oh my. Please do everyone a favor and just stick to D3D or whatever is not too "difficult" to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by monraaf View Post
        He made Quest for Glory V. And Quest for Glory V is awesome. So he is better than all of you and accomplished more in life than all of you ever will.
        Originally posted by brad0 View Post
        No shit. This is Phoronix. Mostly clueless idiots. So many butthurt Linux idiots.

Comment

• I have maybe now a Idea what happend, he wanted to make a release dont know if he makes timebased releases or featurebased releases, but he made fast after the removal of linux a release.

so he just likely tried to quickly short before his (inner) deadline squeeze in linux support, and then he could not make it happen in this timeframe.

I know that feeling I want just to do that one small tiny thing before I go to eat or go to sleep or something, and then it gets complex and I sit there in between somthing and it sucks. because some kind of inner deadline is there, and how much I try to force it, I cant do it.

its nice in this case that there is something he can blame for it... linux. that makes it more easy for him to just admit that he needs to learn more stuff or something.

In this case yes maybe the stuff that works in windows works most of the time. but its a golden cage... all outside of the cage is just impossbile.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
            I have maybe now a Idea what happend, he wanted to make a release dont know if he makes timebased releases or featurebased releases, but he made fast after the removal of linux a release.

so he just likely tried to quickly short before his (inner) deadline squeeze in linux support, and then he could not make it happen in this timeframe.

I know that feeling I want just to do that one small tiny thing before I go to eat or go to sleep or something, and then it gets complex and I sit there in between somthing and it sucks. because some kind of inner deadline is there, and how much I try to force it, I cant do it.

its nice in this case that there is something he can blame for it... linux. that makes it more easy for him to just admit that he needs to learn more stuff or something.

In this case yes maybe the stuff that works in windows works most of the time. but its a golden cage... all outside of the cage is just impossbile.
            Nah he just had more and more trouble getting ubuntu installed over time. He was using wubi or some crap with a similar name and autoupdate. It worked a couple years ago but stopped being supported at some point. It's honestly kind of a dumb issue to get hung up on but when you are burning time installing crap all the time just to make builds it becomes a very tedious chore very quickly.

Apparently he finally got it going and will probably support linux in the next release.

Comment

• The dumbest decision, they could simply only support SteamOS.

Comment

• Just to update this...

Linux support in the C4 Engine has been officially reinstated in the 4.5 development release, along with iOS support.

I guess enough of Terathon's customers demanded that support for Linux remain.

Comment

Working...
                X