No announcement yet.

53 Patches Published For Gallium3D's Direct3D 9 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last time I tried Nine a few weeks ago, 9 (hehe) out of 10 games didn't work, so bugfixes are welcome. I tried older games. Source games (Dark Messiah, Zeno Clash) were all black, F.E.A.R. locked the whole computer up, Skyrim was slower than with the OGL wrapper, Prince of Persia games did not even start, neither did UE3 games I tried, e.g. Zeno Clash 2. The only game that showed some success was Assassin's Creed 1, though it crashed after a minute or two. (Up to that point it ran grat with nice performance!) Did I say 9 out of ten? It was 10 out of 10 to be precise. Nothing I tried worked properly unfortunately. It was the latest code compiled from github (mesa, xf86-ati, x server and wine-d3dadapter). I may have encountered wine bugs as well though, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      The last time I tried Nine a few weeks ago, 9 (hehe) out of 10 games didn't work, so bugfixes are welcome. I tried older games. Source games (Dark Messiah, Zeno Clash) were all black, F.E.A.R. locked the whole computer up, Skyrim was slower than with the OGL wrapper, Prince of Persia games did not even start, neither did UE3 games I tried, e.g. Zeno Clash 2. The only game that showed some success was Assassin's Creed 1, though it crashed after a minute or two. (Up to that point it ran grat with nice performance!) Did I say 9 out of ten? It was 10 out of 10 to be precise. Nothing I tried worked properly unfortunately. It was the latest code compiled from github (mesa, xf86-ati, x server and wine-d3dadapter). I may have encountered wine bugs as well though, I don't know.
      What card are you using ?

You seem pretty unlucky with all these failures.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        He knows, he was simply arguing that glamor sucks so much to not even be considerated "acceleration"
        I don't think it ever sucked that much (although I understand why someone might say it anyways), but AFAIK the glamor code in X 1.17 is looking pretty good.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          He knows, he was simply arguing that glamor sucks so much to not even be considerated "acceleration"
          The glamor code in the xserver accelerates far more than standalone glamor or exa do.

Comment

I am only the one who initially read the headline as 'S3'?

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
              What card are you using ?

You seem pretty unlucky with all these failures.
              Asus Radeon 6850 DirectCu 1GB
              Part no.: 90-c1cpx5-l0uay0bz

Comment

Asus Radeon 6850 DirectCu 1GB
                Part no.: 90-c1cpx5-l0uay0bz
                Could it be you tried Ixit master at a time it was broken ? It's a place we test patches before merge, and sometimes it's temporarily broken?

Comment

Could it be you tried Ixit master at a time it was broken ? It's a place we test patches before merge, and sometimes it's temporarily broken?
                  Probably yes, the AUR package seems to fetch sources from there: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/w...r-git/PKGBUILD

I'm sure I will try it later, though compiling wine takes a long time, so I hate it.

Are there other sources of this stuff you can recommend?

Comment

Probably yes, the AUR package seems to fetch sources from there: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/w...r-git/PKGBUILD

I'm sure I will try it later, though compiling wine takes a long time, so I hate it.

Are there other sources of this stuff you can recommend?
                    You shouldn't need rebuild wine (except if you want to use with DRI2), but you need rebuilt mesa.
                    I don't know if there is a arch package to fetch ixit mesa. You can wait the patches land in mesa git.

Comment

You shouldn't need rebuild wine (except if you want to use with DRI2), but you need rebuilt mesa.
                      I don't know if there is a arch package to fetch ixit mesa. You can wait the patches land in mesa git.
                      I used the mesa-git package, but it doesn't seem to come from Ixit: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/me/mesa-git/PKGBUILD

Comment

Working...
                      X