Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coreboot Ported To Another Lenovo ThinkPad

Phoronix: Coreboot Ported To Another Lenovo ThinkPad

While Coreboot is most commonly used by Google Chromebooks, an increasing number of Lenovo ThinkPad laptops are becoming compatible with Coreboot for initializing and booting the system with open-source software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And I'm just sitting here, waiting for my E545...

Comment

BIOS flash fest?

Now this is becoming more and more serious since I do own a T420s Thinkpad!

I wish there were BIOS flash fests, where people could bring their (coreboot-supported) laptops and ask experienced users to help them flash their BIOS. Actually I haven't checked if there is any.

Comment

Originally posted by amp3030 View Post
        I wish there were BIOS flash fests, where people could bring their (coreboot-supported) laptops and ask experienced users to help them flash their BIOS.
        It's sometimes possible to get coreboot developers to help you at conferences. There was certainly someone helping bringing up coreboot on supported systems on 31C3, and at FOSDEM in past years.

Best ask around (IRC, http://www.coreboot.org/IRC, or mailing list, http://www.coreboot.org/mailman/listinfo/coreboot) if people are going to conferences and if they're willing to help.

Comment

Originally posted by amp3030 View Post
          Now this is becoming more and more serious since I do own a T420s Thinkpad!

I wish there were BIOS flash fests, where people could bring their (coreboot-supported) laptops and ask experienced users to help them flash their BIOS. Actually I haven't checked if there is any.
          Perhaps at Linuxfests there are people experienced with coreboot to help out users in flashing coreboot onto their machines (albeit supported ones)

Comment

Come on guys! X201 here!

Comment

I wish they'd not only target coreboot-hostile-intels. But anyway good to see coreboot running on one more device.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                I wish they'd not only target coreboot-hostile-intels. But anyway good to see coreboot running on one more device.
                I believe this is also my thought.

First I thought intel management engine was a crappy idea, a possible security issue, possibly a thread to free software supports, later I heared more about it.

It seems it includes a DRM system and includes all kinds of other stuff like a TPM and hard to disable or replace with your own firmware.

Then I knew it was very anti-user.

Not buying these products anymore. :-(

Comment

Working...
                X