help me get my 3d working xpress 200M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me get my 3d working xpress 200M

Hi, running FC6, installed ATI drivers from website. i still don't have DRI working and I have tried some of the tricks. Any help. I will post my Xorg.0.log in a past bin for you. Looks like it has a problem loading the DRI for support.ATI control panel shows Mesa for 3d. Thanks for any assistance.
    I have HP DV800 512 MB ram, running 32 bit OS. Thanks again

here is link for past bin: http://rafb.net/p/48gQTp41.html

(EE) fglrx(0): [pcie] Failed to gather memory of size 131072Kb for PCIe. Error (-1014)
    (EE) fglrx(0): Failed to initialize GPS!

Can you post your xorg.conf?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

xorg.conf

as requested-- thanks

Comment

any takers on my problem? I know someone knows.... Thanks in advance

Comment

I can't access none of your links. Are you trying to install the kmod-fglrx driver from the livna repo or the *.run from the ATI website?

Comment

Originally posted by sincity2k View Post
            Hi, running FC6, installed ATI drivers from website. i still don't have DRI working and I have tried some of the tricks. Any help. I will post my Xorg.0.log in a past bin for you. Looks like it has a problem loading the DRI for support.ATI control panel shows Mesa for 3d. Thanks for any assistance.
            I have HP DV800 512 MB ram, running 32 bit OS. Thanks again

here is link for past bin: http://rafb.net/p/48gQTp41.html
            1) Make sure you're in a UMA-only mode of host memory for the GPU (Sideport or Hypermemory dedicated memory doesn't work right and can cause lockups or failed DRI operation)

2) If you're using the latest and greatest installer, make SURE you're trying to do the install from the console in mode 3. Doing an X11 based install, you will not be told about problems that might come up with the build of the kernel mode driver code for your kernel. It may be that you only think you've installed it. If you get this situation, it'll install the ATI provided 2D support and the userspace 3D support, but their KMD isn't there and installed so it can't go into 3D mode.

3) I heartily reccomend you using the livna provided packaging of the drivers instead of using the installer unless you have a problem you're fixing with the new driver set, have a solid handle on general linux administration including module load/unload, know that your kernel is "supported" by the installer, etc. There's a lot of variables and using the livna supplied packaging for Fedora takes a good part of the guesswork out of it. I've gone both routes in the 32 and 64 bit worlds and while I will do the ATI installer, my first preference is to use the livna stuff because it just works better.

Now, if you're doing the livna stuff and you're working in UMA-only mode, check what the log from the X server's start says... It should tell you quite a bit. If you're not sure what it's telling you, you could put up the DRI/DRM specific messages as they will be most helpful to us to help you out.
            Last edited by Svartalf; 15 February 2007, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X