2014 Catalyst Linux Graphics Benchmarks Year-In-Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vein View Post
    Actually, there is a very big difference between 14.12 and the drivers before...everything is not about performance. Wtih 14.12 all games and demos actually work and they work well .

I was actually suprised to see that now I am able to run the Metro: Redux games, the unreal engine demos work without a problem, all graphics glithes from Dota2, Civ5, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead are gone.

I love the 14.12 drivers!
    with my apu the perfomance is craapppp

Comment

Completely out of topic but does hybrid graphics work on radeon ? Does it need any setup?
      Thanks

Comment

Actually, there is a very big difference between 14.12 and the drivers before...everything is not about performance. Wtih 14.12 all games and demos actually work and they work well .

I was actually suprised to see that now I am able to run the Metro: Redux games, the unreal engine demos work without a problem, all graphics glithes from Dota2, Civ5, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead are gone.

I love the 14.12 drivers!
        Honestly, 14.12 causes my 7950 to have a complete system hang every now and then when rendering 3D content. It didn't do this in 14.9 beta and it certainly doesn't do this with Gallium3D.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
          Honestly, 14.12 causes my 7950 to have a complete system hang every now and then when rendering 3D content. It didn't do this in 14.9 beta and it certainly doesn't do this with Gallium3D.
          Hmm...intresting...since I have the same card and I have great performance and no hangs... I run it on Ubuntu 14.04... and I installed with the specific packages for Ubuntu...How did you do it?

And did you check the logs that there were no errors during the installation? I have learned that you need to check it even if everything looks ok.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            Now try running some games in wine...
            Well...I haven't used wine that much but I had to try now.. So I tought of a game that I could run in wine and I dusted off my old Star Craft 2 that I had on the shel from the time I dualbooted with windows...and to my pleasent suprise, within 25mins I had it running smoothly without problems in wine. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Wine games

Well...I haven't used wine that much but I had to try now.. So I tought of a game that I could run in wine and I dusted off my old Star Craft 2 that I had on the shel from the time I dualbooted with windows...and to my pleasent suprise, within 25mins I had it running smoothly without problems in wine. Thanks for the tip.
              Yes tried out a bunch of games in my steam library. GTA IV, Skyrim, Bioshock. With the Mesa 10.5 drivers they were glitchy and slow as hell, but with the latest Catalyst drivers, they're all running beautifully now. Hopefully all of this progress won't be lost when they switch to the new driver architecture.

Comment

Working...
              X