No announcement yet.

Linux 3.19: ThinkPad Muting Redone, New Dell Backlight Support, Acer Is Banging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.19: ThinkPad Muting Redone, New Dell Backlight Support, Acer Is Banging

Phoronix: Linux 3.19: ThinkPad Muting Redone, New Dell Backlight Support, Acer Is Banging

The x86 platform driver changes for the Linux 3.19 kernel have been submitted and they include some noteworthy improvements for many Linux laptop owners...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

New Dell Backlight Support, Acer Is Banging

"New Dell Backlight Support, Acer Is Banging"

TMI Larabel... TMI!

Comment

been bitten by the mute bug, indeed despairing when you don't guess the issue and your sound just refuses to work for no reason. once you know that you just need to touch the mixer state then it's ok.

Comment

My Thinkpad T60 did not have problems with the volume & mute controls, though it is of course confusing to have two different places to control the volume. Apparently it works differently for newer ThinkPads: I did not notice any bugs, and there has been no change for me with 3.19. I still have volume control in two places.

The only thing I'm missing on Linux is graphical feedback for the hardware volume control; I can view it in alsamixer though. Lenovo's Windows software does display the volume on the screen when using the hardware volume buttons.

Comment

Working...
        X