Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization: Beyond Earth Launches For Linux

Phoronix: Civilization: Beyond Earth Launches For Linux

As expected after the announcement earlier this week, the highly anticipated Civilization: Beyond Earth game is now officially available for Linux and SteamOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wheres the standalone version?

and is this game 64bit?

Comment

Benchmarking

Automated benchmarking is available, these guys figured it out:

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Benchmark Settings. Simple Rules. Any normal resolution can be used up to and including 4K. Please post your GPU and CPU clocks. Please post your result in the format as shown below in the spoiler. Please post what drivers you are using...

Comment

The benchmarking is similar to Civ 5, more detailed information is here:

Hey Civ5ers, Some of you may know this, but I stumbled across a Word document in the game's install directory that shows how to run three different types of benchmarks with Civ 5. They seem very well thought out and can help determine bottlenecks in your system's performance. I have not had a...

~/.local/share/aspyr-media/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/Logs is where the .csv files end up.

Comment

It looks like they are only officially supporting NVidia (at least for now)

Judging by the requirements listed on Steam.

Comment

SMACX

Finally a followup to the ol' Loki SMACX?

Comment

Originally posted by AspyrIan View Post
              Automated benchmarking is available, these guys figured it out:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?p=27099784
              Can anyone confirm the -benchmark command still works on Linux? Thanks!
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

-benchmark works

Confirmed, I checked it earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyrIan View Post
                  Confirmed, I checked it earlier today.
                  So it's indeed fully automated from start to finish from running the command to seeing data dumped in CSV file and exiting? (Then beginning in the morning I will buy the game and run an onslaught of Linux benchmarks...)

Thanks for confirming!
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

When I try to run Civ:BE, I just get a message about libtbb.so.2 being missing.

Comment

Working...
                    X