Are there an app using HSA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there an app using HSA ?

I've got a kaveri apu, and have been watching the progress with HSA, including amdkfd. But does anyone use it ? Is there even one app?

The site for "Showcased HSA Apps" is borked. http://www.hsafoundation.com/dev-spotlight-news/

sean

Originally posted by seandarcy View Post
    The site for "Showcased HSA Apps" is borked. http://www.hsafoundation.com/dev-spotlight-news/
    How did you get to that page ? I wasn't able to navigate there, looks like it's a work-in-process page that hasn't been (or shouldn't have been ) published yet.

To answer your question, the initial focus of HSA has been on building toolchains (Java, OpenMP, C++AMP etc..) rather than specific apps.

There is a fair amount of app development going on but I don't know if any of the apps have been released yet. The first release of a runtime implementing the 1.0 API standard was just last week -- don't think the public announcement has gone out yet but the binary stack and kernel source have been published.
    Test signature

Comment

>How did you get to that page ? I wasn't able to navigate there, looks like it's a work-in-process page that hasn't been (or shouldn't have been ) published yet.

google "any hsa apps -health" . Third entry.

Just interested in seeing how well my slick kaveri can perform.

sean

Comment

Ahh, OK... so that's probably an unpublished page dragged out into the sunlight by a search engine. The bane of web developers everywhere
        Test signature

Comment

A news from summer last year:
          LibreOffice aims to speed spreadsheets with AMD GPU optimization

Comment

Kaveri has HSA feature but not full HSA. the upcoming excavator chipset will have full HSA implementation if i'm not mistaken. maybe michael can clarify?

Comment

Working...
            X