No announcement yet.

The New SuperTuxKart Looks Better, But Can Cause GPU/Driver Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, this now looks more like real beta called RC and right number 0.9 rc1 released:

Hello everyone ! It has been a long time since the last blog post and after weeks of hard work, we are happy to announce the first release...

Comment

holy mother of racing graphics that looks awesome
      let lets see if i can get this running

Comment

Originally posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
        holy mother of racing graphics that looks awesome
        let lets see if i can get this running
        and that is a nope on 14.04 with the utopic repo for it
        guess i will need to find the source code and compile it
        ~$ supertuxkart
        supertuxkart: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgomp.so.1: version `GOMP_4.0' not found (required by supertuxkart)

Comment

Originally posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
          and that is a nope on 14.04 with the utopic repo for it
          guess i will need to find the source code and compile it
          ~$ supertuxkart
          supertuxkart: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgomp.so.1: version `GOMP_4.0' not found (required by supertuxkart)
          You have static binaries, builded on Debian Wheezy works fine on Sid here http://sourceforge.net/projects/supe...xKart/0.9-rc1/

Unpack and read README

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            You have static binaries, builded on Debian Wheezy works fine on Sid here http://sourceforge.net/projects/supe...xKart/0.9-rc1/

Unpack and read README
            thanks, thought i just finished compiling and moving it from my guest install to my host install before it could download, lol
            CPU barley broke 50C (i5-4690k w/ NH-D14)

Comment

seems to lag for me when using the sync to vblank works fine without it but that makes it heat my gpu up alot

Comment

Well new STK can be quite demanding if you want - turn on all options in graphic settings, on big resolution and then try Cocoa Temple

Comment

~80fps is what i got there with everything maxed out, gave my gpu (GTX 650 Ti Boost, boosting to ~1.2Ghz) a work out

Comment

Not sure then why you said vblank works fine (i guess you are on 60 Hz monitor), but without vblank it heated gpu up alot... as game is capped at 120 fps .

You can change that in config file if you like max 60 fps or something.

Comment

i seem to get lag spikes with vblank sync enabled, runs smooth without it
                      60hrz tv over hdmi

Comment

Working...
                      X