Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deve View Post
    But people probably prefer Witcher 2 rather than Super Mario Bross

Support OpenGL 2.1 would be great. A lot of people which I know still have graphics cards with OpenGL 2.1 only. But after some time this will be deprecated too. If we have limited time for programming, better is to improve GL3 based engine to make it working well instead of trying to support everything (which would mean no progress).
    I'd rather say 2.1 is already gone, some still have such chips. 3.3 is now but moving fast to deprecated. If you want to make a game for future audiences (like AAA games usually are), you'd at this point target 4.6. It will likely get common by the time the game is done if you're making a new game engine.

Comment

I just played supertuxkart 0.6.2 latest plib version with modeset driver and it run fine on CPU cca. ~15 fps...

This on Kabini 4x2GHz, wondering what people can get there with $1000 current CPUs probably +60fps

BTW i really like that STK version

Comment

Really this one does even need any extension , if someone does not have hardware should play that one and it is quite

BTW, Tux's kart did not change at all .

Comment

Watch and learn

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
            People still prefer Jagged Alliance 2 to all newer versions, you know?
            But not because they like old graphics or have old videocards, but because the successors of this great game are shit when it comes to gameplay. No JA 2 fan would mind having modern graphics if nothing else in the game changes.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
              Why not create legacy renderers? There are so much devices! Obviously Opengl 1.x is out, but 2.x? Cut userbase just because of special effects?!.. People still prefer Jagged Alliance 2 to all newer versions, you know?
              Maintaining two quite different render paths is a huge task, but if there is interest someone might do it. OpenGL 3 is over 6 years old already and not exactly cutting edge. Using newer versions of OpenGL is necessarily for progress.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                Watch and learn

None of this comes close to Rock'n Roll Racing, the best combat racing car game I've ever played.

Comment

there are now linux binaries for download
                  getting a GPU memory leak though, unless this game calls for >2GB vram
                  i5-4690k/Z97/GTX 650 Ti Boost (w/ OC)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                    But not because they like old graphics or have old videocards, but because the successors of this great game are shit when it comes to gameplay. No JA 2 fan would mind having modern graphics if nothing else in the game changes.
                    Modern graphics is such a ditchy world. Ja2 source was out. Modern graphics also does not mean in-game style, there a few masterpieces even on PC where pixel engines are literally squashed out - graphics are so brilliant and in their own world, that if one ports it to "modern engine", he has to do exponentially more design work than original to pay it off.

Sure SOME wish modern graphics remake of this quality, but is newer Supertuxkart applicable here? I see that they just throw out old renderer for the sake of engine redesign and more effects. Worth action in the long run, but without legacy renderer, it makes whole looks stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by deve View Post
                      But people probably prefer Witcher 2 rather than Super Mario Bross

Support OpenGL 2.1 would be great. A lot of people which I know still have graphics cards with OpenGL 2.1 only. But after some time this will be deprecated too. If we have limited time for programming, better is to improve GL3 based engine to make it working well instead of trying to support everything (which would mean no progress).
                      I am comparing Opengl2 ex-supertuxkart vs Opengl3 supertuxkart. Not apples to meteorites.

Besides,... I personally prefer Crystal Caves 1-3 to Witcher 2...

Comment

Working...
                      X