Changing DPM power state with Fedora 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing DPM power state with Fedora 19

I recently installed an RV630 GPU into my HTPC so that its screen could use its DVI input and because the on-board Nvidia was giving me some instability problems with Nouveau. As this computer is not being used for gaming or anything else all that intensive I hoped that I could force the card to run at its lowest and most efficient power state, but for some reason Fedora 19 is not letting me do anything at with it:

Code:
    [root@localhost ~]# echo low > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_force_performance_level
    -bash: /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_force_performance_level: Permission denied
    [root@localhost ~]# echo battery > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_state
    -bash: /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_state: Permission denied
    [root@localhost ~]# chmod a+w /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_force_performance_level
    chmod: cannot access ?/sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_force_performance_level?: No such file or directory
    [root@localhost ~]# chmod a+w /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_state
    chmod: cannot access ?/sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_state?: No such file or directory
    [root@localhost ~]#
    The system is using the Linux 3.14 kernel, but I have set the radeon.dpm=1 parameter regardless.
Working...
X