Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 22 Will Not Be Released Before 19 May 2015

Phoronix: Fedora 22 Will Not Be Released Before 19 May 2015

Now that Fedora 21 was finally released last week, you may be wondering when Fedora 22 is tentatively planned for release.....

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I bet it will be released before May 19, ... 2016.

Comment

Fedora can't compete with arch on that matter

Comment

IMO, i reckon Schedules are lame anyway, its best to release a release when its ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          IMO, i reckon Schedules are lame anyway, its best to release a release when its ready.
          The two are hardly contradictory. True, you shouldn't release before you're ready - but you need some kind of planning, some point where you say "at this date, we stop adding features". Otherwise, you never release anything, because you're never finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
            The two are hardly contradictory. True, you shouldn't release before you're ready - but you need some kind of planning, some point where you say "at this date, we stop adding features". Otherwise, you never release anything, because you're never finished.
            Fedora gets all Features complete by the time Beta becomes available. what makes Fedora not release on time are BUGS that maybe in Anaconda install or something else thats pretty major. another thing, Fedora dont have the support infrastrucure like OpenSuse has. Fedora-QA are small. they rely on people to file BUGS.

lets look at why OpenSuse has BTRFS as there default, compared to Fedora. Josef Bacik has said it himself on the devel or test list, Opensuse has the Support infra there, where fedora dont.

Schedules are Lame. but i will Add. ever since Fedora18 with the New Anaconda its pushed Fedora schedules out of whaCK.

Comment

Schedules are Lame. but i will Add. ever since Fedora18 with the New Anaconda its pushed Fedora schedules out of whaCK.
              Oh, Fedora schedules have always been out of whack, long before F18. But nevertheless, the schedule gives them something to aim for - they might be late, but they at least have something telling them they're late. They know that at date X, it's time to stop addding new features, time to maybe cut features that aren't going to be ready in time, time to put out a beta, and start fixing the bugs that people start finding. And there's always some bit that takes longer than expected and ends up delaying the release, but delivering late is better than not delivering at all, which is what happens if you're not setting any kind of schedule...

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
                Oh, Fedora schedules have always been out of whack, long before F18. But nevertheless, the schedule gives them something to aim for - they might be late, but they at least have something telling them they're late. They know that at date X, it's time to stop addding new features, time to maybe cut features that aren't going to be ready in time, time to put out a beta, and start fixing the bugs that people start finding. And there's always some bit that takes longer than expected and ends up delaying the release, but delivering late is better than not delivering at all, which is what happens if you're not setting any kind of schedule...
                they do cut features that wont be ready in time. dunno where you get the idea that they dont cut features . if you look through each release , How many of the Features they stated actually have made it into a release?

Comment

they do cut features that wont be ready in time. dunno where you get the idea that they dont cut features
                  Well, yes.. that's what I said. Not sure what you're arguing with now...

Comment

Working...
                  X