Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XLennart: A Game For Systemd Haters With Nothing Better To Do

Phoronix: XLennart: A Game For Systemd Haters With Nothing Better To Do

It seems that a good number of Linux users who despise systemd as an init manager have a lot of time on their hands... From making websites bashing systemd, forking distributions over their position of using systemd, personal attacks against systemd developers, to writing page after page of forum comments about negative points of systemd. There's now even an anti-systemd game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Tasteless

Some people are just plain sick

Comment

I am a little bit disappointed that this seems news worthy here. First of all this is really old news. Second of all Phoronix seemed to be very politically correct and all over those (in my opinion questionable) women outreach programs. To then see Phoronix to advertise a software to spread hate about a guy that, nicely worded, is not known to have a thick skin, is not what I expected to read on Phoronix.

Comment

Meh

Fun parody, that's it. Boycott systemd has been dead for some weeks now. People from both camps will continue to wear keyboards over arguments both for and against systemd.

Comment

For a second I thought "game" meant wild animals, birds, and fish that are hunted for food, especially as a sport ;-)

The irony is that it's probably the case.
          Last edited by birdie; 14 December 2014, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Namenlos View Post
            I am a little bit disappointed that this seems news worthy here. First of all this is really old news. Second of all Phoronix seemed to be very politically correct and all over those (in my opinion questionable) women outreach programs. To then see Phoronix to advertise a software to spread hate about a guy that, nicely worded, is not known to have a thick skin, is not what I expected to read on Phoronix.
            Politically correct and spreading hate, those never go hand in hand .

That said you must be new here. Phoronix is essentially the equivalent of a tech tabloid with all that that implies. If there is something with lots of clickbait potential that he becomes aware of he is going to pounce on reporting it, hence actually part of why he was all over the OPWs, because he knew that the feminists and those who aren't would collide. Which results in more pageviews with ads for him which equates into more money. In this case he's going after the old systemd schtick in order to ignite a long flame thread which means significantly more ad views.

Comment

advertise a software to spread hate about a guy
              Pretending it does not exist, would na?ve reader make.

Comment

see Phoronix to advertise a software to spread hate about a guy
                Spread hate? That game is so pathetic, it speaks worse about the game's creator than anything else.

Comment

If they waste so much effort against systemd and (as usually) with no valid technical point against it, then systemd must be even better than I thought.

Comment

It seems that everyone who doesn't like Hitler is also hater according to this article.
                    Last edited by JS987; 14 December 2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X