Metro Redux Games Launch For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolution

Can you still change outside of the game...?

I can't imagine it would fixed at some silly size.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      I wonder what the exact requirements are. GL4.1 to work on OSX?
      I don't see any support for osx ATM, probably when Apple update their stuff to ogl4

Anyway pretty good deal going on

Comment

Stability?

Has anyone tried these?
        Are they more stable?

I have the old Metro Last Light, but stopped playing it, because of the random crashes.
        The graphics update does not offer a lot of value to me. (See comparison)

Comment

Can anyone test to see if 2033 or Last Light Redux runs on a graphics card with 1GB VRAM? I know it says 2GB but that seems awfully excessive when the Windows version of Redux only requires 512 MB.

Comment

Anyone confirm whether this runs on OPEN SOURCE Radeon (Gallium) drivers, and on a card with 1GB VRAM? I don't want to install Catalyst for my 6870 JUST for this game when the open source drivers work so well for everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
              Anyone confirm whether this runs on OPEN SOURCE Radeon (Gallium) drivers, and on a card with 1GB VRAM? I don't want to install Catalyst for my 6870 JUST for this game when the open source drivers work so well for everything else.
              Read in the store page
              "Additional Notes: Due to OpenGL 4, Intel video cards no longer supported"
              Which means no Gallium support.
              I thanks A4games for the redax, I bought it, but I will wait mesa 11.

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post
                Read in the store page
                "Additional Notes: Due to OpenGL 4, Intel video cards no longer supported"
                Which means no Gallium support.
                I thanks A4games for the redax, I bought it, but I will wait mesa 11.
                Already saw that, but people have it running on Intel hardware so I don't believe it. It probably runs on AMD hardware as well with mesa, but looking for confirmation. I bought it anyway now and I'm installing it so I'll find out once this huge download is finished....I'll follow up.

Comment

Metro Redux runs fine here with Medium settings on Core i5 3570 + nVidia GTX 650 (the recommended GTX 460 is often running a bit better than the GTX 650 on benchmarks).

Comment

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.0 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=400 %command% gets it to launch - doesn't render anything on Sandybridge here - going to try r600 next

Update:

With r600 it's worse - rather than black it renders what looks like TV static
                    Last edited by FireBurn; 12 December 2014, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike29 View Post
                      Metro Redux runs fine here with Medium settings on Core i5 3570 + nVidia GTX 650 (the recommended GTX 460 is often running a bit better than the GTX 650 on benchmarks).
                      Does the metro benchmark works?

Comment

Working...
                      X