Thanks guys for the feedback!
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

You need better cable management

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
        You need better cable management
        Wife did most of it If I had more time in a day, I'd be more concerned about it.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Wife did most of it
          Онда је у реду

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Wife did most of it If I had more time in a day, I'd be more concerned about it.
            No big deal, get a second wife!!

Thx for maintaining this site, best linux hardware/software news site ever.

Comment

Yeah, good job and clearly a lot of work has gone into setting this and PTS. Well done and keep up the good work. I wonder whether it would be worth setting up a system or two running PTS on Windoze or McOS, just for comparison purposes. I suppose you wouldn't expect much excitement since only the graphics drivers would be updated.

I have a couple of questions:

1) What's with the cool-looking case on the leftmost side of the first picture? Sure looks damn fine!

2) What sort of power protection do you use? Are all these systems hooked up on a industrial-size UPS? A power spike could make it a seriously bad day for you.

Off-topic, I am glad you included OpenSUSE tumbleweed, although, to be honest, I am starting to regret installing it on my laptop. I use it once or twice a week, and although it works fine right out of the box, each time there's a gazillion new updates.

Drives my OUD nuts.

Comment

This looks great. Just signed for a Premium Subscription. Well done.

Originally posted by Saverios View Post

2) What sort of power protection do you use? Are all these systems hooked up on a industrial-size UPS? A power spike could make it a seriously bad day for you.

Michael posted earlier that the PCs are cycled on/off during benchmarking instead all being on at the same time. Benchmarking needs high power draw, so there is a limit to how many can be on simultaneously, maybe 4-5 and the circuit breaker will trip.

Comment

Congrats Michael!

Comment

Yeah, good job and clearly a lot of work has gone into setting this and PTS. Well done and keep up the good work. I wonder whether it would be worth setting up a system or two running PTS on Windoze or McOS, just for comparison purposes. I suppose you wouldn't expect much excitement since only the graphics drivers would be updated.
                    Don't think it would be too entertaining, but PTS is supported on OS X and Windows too.

1) What's with the cool-looking case on the leftmost side of the first picture? Sure looks damn fine!
                    The white one? Some $50 NZXT chassis.

Just four normal-sized surge protectors. Again, the systems cycle on at different times for their test schedules and they'll power off and then WoL when needed.

Off-topic, I am glad you included OpenSUSE tumbleweed, although, to be honest, I am starting to regret installing it on my laptop. I use it once or twice a week, and although it works fine right out of the box, each time there's a gazillion new updates.

Drives my OUD nuts.
                    Hmmm I haven't seemed to get that many Tumbleweed updates at all.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by chrisb View Post
                      Michael posted earlier that the PCs are cycled on/off during benchmarking instead all being on at the same time. Benchmarking needs high power draw, so there is a limit to how many can be on simultaneously, maybe 4-5 and the circuit breaker will trip.
                      The most systems under full load at any given time are probably 10, but a few of them are Atoms or APUs.
                      Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                      X