Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 14.12 Linux Driver Released -- Huge Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Originally posted by alexThunder View Post
    So the omega drivers haven't changed anything?

Comment

I think i am surprised with this one, really tramandios performance boost in Windows with this driver... whatever this driver does for my Kabini it is a really a huge boost in many places .

Really great job AMD does with this Omega driver

I haven't yet tried linux omega driver, we will see that one

Comment

Originally posted by zzarko View Post
        OK, for Ubuntu 14.04, new catalyst and wine 1.7, I followed an advice on changing deb file dependencies (http://askubuntu.com/questions/54078...fglrx-conflict), and did the following:
        1. Install wine1.7
        2. Edit fglrx-core dependencies:
        Code:
        mkdir tmp
        dpkg -x fglrx-core_14.501-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb tmp
        dpkg --control fglrx-core_14.501-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb tmp tmp/DEBIAN
        gedit tmp/DEBIAN/control
        remove libopencl1 from Conflicts: and Provides: and make a new deb package:
        Code:
        dpkg -b tmp/ fglrx-core_14.501-0ubuntu1_amd64-FIX.deb
        3. Install all deb files (of course, for fgrlx-core use the fixed version)

Not sure if this will disrupt OpenCL in any way (probably will), so don't do it if you need OpenCL, I guess...
        Or You can try add libopencl-1.1-1 and libopencl-1.1-1:i386 to "Provides" section.

Comment

It is just a symlink now. In the case you used old packageing just do symlink that way (Debian style example):
          Code:
          ln -fvs $(dpkg -S libXvBAW.so.1.0|awk '{print $2}') $(dpkg -S fglrx_drv_video.so|awk '{print $2}')

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
            Not sure - we'll have to see results for it first. I'm sure they are improved. The open source drivers for AMD are pretty nice, but depending on what you do, they may be lacking a little. If you can wait it out, you can usually get what you want eventually.

Comment

About WINE and OpenCL issue with this driver...there is a solution....atually, it NEVER was a problem to me WINE and OpenCL...

Just compile WINE w/o OpenCL support and presto !

I never compiled WINE with OpenCL support anyway...

Gonna attempt in next days find time to make a fresh instalation of Slackware in a Trinity APU to see what happens...will install Steam and WINE to check it out.

PS: This driver is NOT only for GCN...just check the list of supported cards and you can see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
                For Dota 2, not that much. I think the performance was worse with the fglrx from Ubuntu 14.10's repos than it was with 14.9, but it got better again with Omega, but I didn't measure it, it's just my impression.

Can't say much about other games with Omega for now. Just overall all my Linux games have been running at least fine (probably still worse than on windows) for a couple of months now.

Comment

Btw. the needed patch for 3.17/3.18 is still the old one.

The monkey who wrote something about 3.17 support was not correctly informed as from 3.17 to 3.18 there was no extra patch needed...

Comment

Is there any mirror to download it? Official site is blocked for my country.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      Btw. the needed patch for 3.17/3.18 is still the old one.

The monkey who wrote something about 3.17 support was not correctly informed as from 3.17 to 3.18 there was no extra patch needed...
                      Thanks, with this patch AMD Catalyst 14.12 working fine on kernel 3.18

Comment

Working...
                      X