No announcement yet.

Catalyst Omega 14.12 is out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, i have a question for Hardware Video Decode Acceleration Flash on firefox i must be installed:

Code:
    $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
    $ sudo apt-get update
    $ sudo apt-get install libvdpau-va-gl1
    $ sudo sh -c "echo 'export VDPAU_DRIVER=va_gl' >> /etc/profile"
    The out put of vainfo is:

libva info: VA-API version 0.35.0
    libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/fglrx_drv_video.so
    libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_33
    libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
    vainfo: VA-API version: 0.35 (libva 1.3.0)
    vainfo: Driver version: AMD MMD 1.0
    vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
    VAProfileMPEG2Simple : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileMPEG2Main : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileMPEG4Simple : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileMPEG4AdvancedSimple : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileMPEG4Main : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileH264Baseline : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileH264Main : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileH264High : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileVC1Simple : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileVC1Main : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileVC1Advanced : VAEntrypointVLD
    I try to install:

$ sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-vaapi

... but if open firefox and youtube, selecting "Stats for nerds", the stats box displays the following: "software video rendering, software video decoding" and i think should displays: "accelerated video rendering, hardware video decoding"

Best Regards.

Comment

@hector:

Flash acceleration is turned off for all AMD hardware. It is hardcoded, you cannot get around it. You may be able to install flash 10.x and get it working, though it's outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        @hector:

Flash acceleration is turned off for all AMD hardware. It is hardcoded, you cannot get around it. You may be able to install flash 10.x and get it working, though it's outdated.

Thanks for the clarification,eydee, it means that flash acceleration is decapreted in linux ?, I have windows 8.1 in another partition and flash player acceleration works.

Best Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by hector View Post
          Thanks for the clarification,eydee, it means that flash acceleration is decapreted in linux ?, I have windows 8.1 in another partition and flash player acceleration works.

Best Regards.
          Yes. Unless Adobe restarts supporting flash under linux, it will remin that way.

Comment

Flash acceleration is turned off for all AMD hardware. It is hardcoded, you cannot get around it.
            What about this then:

?

Comment

Originally posted by hector View Post

Best Regards.
              Create the file /etc/adobe/mms.cfg with content:

EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1

The directory will not exist, so you have to create it first.

Comment

Interesting. Adobe was lying then, it seems to work indeed. Sorry for the misinformation.

Comment

Hey guys, maybe we should all fill in the AMD Issue Reporting Form for the bugs that we're experiencing: http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23A3DE979

Perhaps if we manage to make some noise, it could make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by plasmasnake View Post
                    Hey guys, maybe we should all fill in the AMD Issue Reporting Form for the bugs that we're experiencing: http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23A3DE979

Perhaps if we manage to make some noise, it could make a difference?
                    That's the windows link. Here's the linux form: http://www.amd.com/linuxreport

Comment

That's the windows link. Here's the linux form: http://www.amd.com/linuxreport
                      Interesting... That form does seem out of date though. The newest driver version it lists is 12.11.

I already submitted a report using the other form, and just selected "other" for OS and specified Ubuntu 14.04 later in the affected programs text box and the bug description. I guess I won't bother submitting a second time... They should be able to figure it out?

Comment

Working...
                      X