Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.4 Is Delayed A Few Days As It's Busted On Older GPUs

Phoronix: Mesa 10.4 Is Delayed A Few Days As It's Busted On Older GPUs

The release of Mesa 10.4 is being dragged out by a few days due to a regression affecting older GPUs/drivers that causes this new Mesa version to be in bad shape. Hopefully by the end of this coming week though, Mesa 10.4.0 will be christened...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The bug that's known about should be fixed by this patchset

Patchset Here

Comment

Anyone notice a 20-pin connector placed near the I/O ports? Makes me think of using PicoPSU for that particular motherboard. And why is the battery mounted near the PCI Reversed Express slot?

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
        ... the PCI Reversed Express slot?
        This is an AGP slot.

Comment

Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
          This is an AGP slot.
          I've known about it since the 90s, but then I do forGET about Accelerated Graphics Port...

And I've once forgotten about motherboards that have both a PCIe x16 (I'm thinking 1.0) and AGP slots... Times have gone way too quickly.

Comment

I use Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz on media server, and with half-year not upgraded debian testing, the built-in 915 works very well on 16:9 fullhd TV (its 845 something I think).

Comment

Ah, AGP... it is not that old. Oh, folks, don't make old Grampa come up with his ISA slots. Or VLB. Or things even older.

The sad thing is that a lot of interfaces are obsoleted way too fast. There are still cards, periphery that work fine for a job and that are still in use but vendors just ignore it. I am very glad that a couple of these AM1 boards still feature serial (COM) and parallel (LPT) interfaces. I also still got so many good PCI cards around but I have little use yet for PCIe besides GPUs.
              And IDE and floppy interfaces are nearly extinct, and you can't buy FDD controllers anywhere (besides some USB2FDDs). I actually had to use 3 1/2 just recently to fetch scientific data from an old box.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                ... ISA slots. Or VLB. Or things even older. ...
                Which slot is older than an ISA slot (and IBM PC compatible)?
                I know, the Apple II had slots too.

Comment

Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
                  Which slot is older than an ISA slot (and IBM PC compatible)?
                  I know, the Apple II had slots too.
                  This, for starters. I built a couple of these, used them to control a video special effects studio.

EDIT -- missed your qualifier about IBM PC compatible, the only thing older than ISA would be the 8-bit bus slots on the original PC (ISA was a 16-bit version of that IIRC).
                  Last edited by bridgman; 09 December 2014, 11:03 AM.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    ... the only thing older than ISA would be the 8-bit bus slots on the original PC (ISA was a 16-bit version of that IIRC).
                    Hm, the AT 16-bit slot was only an extension to the 8-bit slot.

My first videocard from ATI could emulate MDA, Hercules or CGA selectable by DIP switches.

Comment

Working...
                    X