Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K Games Confirms BioShock Infinite On Linux In Early 2015

Phoronix: 2K Games Confirms BioShock Infinite On Linux In Early 2015

As a follow up to yesterday's Phoronix article about BioShock Infinite looking like its headed to Linux, it's now been confirmed by 2K Games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

some games should be ended in the first part. Like dead space, bioshock, crysis. I tried to play dead space 2, bioshock 2 and crysis 2(warfare was nice I believe) but never ended... Not really interested in ports to linux, the port should be done in the moment in that you do for Windows, is not like the consoles(ps3,xbox360) you can easy have Windows and Linux dual boot... some games like multiplayer are another history... anyways I use AMD GPU because are cheaps and worth for the money for Windows gamming, the only bad thing of dual boot is if are you downloading something in linux and have to stop to reboot to windows and play some offline game...

Comment

It's already available, I can see it in my Steam account on Ubuntu. Unbelievable.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fakenmc View Post
          It's already available, I can see it in my Steam account on Ubuntu. Unbelievable.
          It might be listed but don't expect it to work yet.

Comment

Originally posted by fakenmc View Post
            Yeah.
            By now 59 of my 87 Steam games have Linux ports. And I suspect half of the remaining 28 are from EA.

I don't have my gaming rig at home right now, but on Christmas I will and I'll probably do a few port review livestreams for the community I'm in (maybe even via Steam Broadcasting?).
            Does anyone have pointers to a more precise release schedule for the AMDGPU stack? Until then, I'll probably be stuck on a Cayman card.
            If it is to come out this year, I may order a Tonga during the holidays ... otherwise I'll wait for whatever high-end cards come out in H1 2015 before I spend money on cards using the new stack.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
              Yeah.
              By now 59 of my 87 Steam games have Linux ports. And I suspect half of the remaining 28 are from EA.

I don't have my gaming rig at home right now, but on Christmas I will and I'll probably do a few port review livestreams for the community I'm in (maybe even via Steam Broadcasting?).
              Does anyone have pointers to a more precise release schedule for the AMDGPU stack? Until then, I'll probably be stuck on a Cayman card.
              If it is to come out this year, I may order a Tonga during the holidays ... otherwise I'll wait for whatever high-end cards come out in H1 2015 before I spend money on cards using the new stack.
              Right now Steam Broadcasting in Windows-only but it will come to Linux later.

Once Bioshock Infinite is released, 11 out of my 24 Steam games will work natively on Linux and 23 out of my 24 will work if I use my CrossOver or PlayOnLinux. The only hold out will be Just Cause 2 but even then I can use In-Home Streaming to access it. Can't wait to play Bioshock natively.

Personally, I'd also like to see native ports of Grand Theft Auto V and Far Cry 4 which for sure won't run in Wine anytime soon.

Comment

Wow thats AAAAA title!!

Comment

I bought this game and installed it on my Windows partition - but never played it. I just deleted it and am installing it on my Linux partition. Do you know if my sale of the game is "attributed" to windows? I wish Valve could know that Linux is my preferred platform even if I happen to buy games in windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
                    Once Bioshock Infinite is released, 11 out of my 24 Steam games will work natively on Linux and 23 out of my 24 will work if I use my CrossOver or PlayOnLinux. The only hold out will be Just Cause 2 but even then I can use In-Home Streaming to access it. Can't wait to play Bioshock natively.
                    Add a 0 to each figure for me. Still waiting for some native ports (D:OS, Dragon Commander, Metro redux).
                    Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
                    Personally, I'd also like to see native ports of Grand Theft Auto V and Far Cry 4 which for sure won't run in Wine anytime soon.
                    I don't have windows, so I like to have as much titles working on wine. GTA IV seems to work, or at least stories of... Crysis works, warhead doesn't, I have Far Cry 2 working perfectly.
                    Anything try not to buy anything that does not have an acceptable rating on winehq, but some titles I buy, just hoping it will work with wine one day.

Comment

Working...
                    X