Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD R600 DRM Support Arrives, But No 3D

Phoronix: AMD R600 DRM Support Arrives, But No 3D

While AMD still has yet to release any R600 programming documentation or the source-code to their KGrids or TCore simulators (though the documentation may finally just be days away), Alex Deucher and David Airlie have been working on R600 DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) support. Today the first bits of this DRI component for the Radeon HD 2000/3000 series is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

it's still better than a generation ago. we had to wait a long time for open r500 driver, even with basic 2d.

Comment

well 3D doesn't matter that much for now, I can still use fglrx, what I'm interested in is a fully functional desktop (without compiz), that doesn't crash when quitting X or when resuming from suspend.

for 3D performance I can always reboot using fglrx... if I really need 3D performance.. obviously! XD

Comment

Please Devs, speed up the development Process.

I bought myself a new Card (HD 3650) in February and thought that I would make it with Windows till 3D-Support arrives.
        I WAS DEAD WRONG! Please, give us 3D I can't bear it any longer...

Comment

Originally posted by ningo View Post
          Please Devs, speed up the development Process.

I bought myself a new Card (HD 3650) in February and thought that I would make it with Windows till 3D-Support arrives.
          I WAS DEAD WRONG! Please, give us 3D I can't bear it any longer...
          By the time you WILL be able to use r600 3D with Distro drivers, a year would have passed.

Be patient, they are doing it at an incredibly fast speed.

Comment

Working...
          X