Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
    These should be moved to dead ends really they are either extremely impractical or are managed by a company that does let people port easily... (Atari I'm looking at you)
    The Valve ones may be happening anyhow, so they shouldn't be on that list. If it's likely to be happening (even UT3 sort of fits on that list for now...)- it's not a candidate for this discussion.

Older titles that may have source.
    Newer titles that are from publishers that're not openly hostile.
    New titles under the same criteria as the previous.
    New titles from an indie studio that's B, A, or AAA content.

This is what we're trying to line up. If it doesn't meet that criteria, from start to finish, all you're doing is making us ALL miserable...

Comment

Was this ever ported to Linux?

~o~
      I know this is Vivendi... but I saw this article.

Not sure what that's about... and not sure if there's anything about it.

~o~
      Found another, but I doubt this includes assets.

GamersHell is the ultimate destination for gaming news, reviews, previews, videos and more.
      Last edited by niniendowarrior; 25 June 2008, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Well maybe since intel is "opensource friendly" someone should approach them about Project Offset.

Comment

One game that I think would be a winner, it's not completed yet, check it out at http://www.grotesque-game.com/

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Well maybe since intel is "opensource friendly" someone should approach them about Project Offset.
            Heh... That's TWO gems from you. I'd forgotten about them, mainly because they'd dropped partly out of sight and I've been a bit busy.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
              Was this ever ported to Linux?

I'll have to look at the game, but I think this is going to be a usable title to move over to Linux.

I know this is Vivendi... but I saw this article.

Not sure what that's about... and not sure if there's anything about it.
              Game code, no engine- like the NOLF source release. Needs the latest Lithtech engine code to make it do anything useful. In and of itself, not likely, but if we can generate a bit of a stir, perhaps a commercial interest could be allowed, with a bit of cash changing hands, to make the Lithtech engine cleanly cross-platform in exchange for the rights to publish assets.

Found another, but I doubt this includes assets.

http://www.gamershell.com/news_10221.html
              I'm not sure how one would combine this with the ioquake3 engine or if Ritual did enhancements or just added the game scripting and assets to the baseline Q3:A engine. I'll check into this. Assets would have to be bought separately by individuals buying the title for Windows (ugh...) or by a commercial entity willing to publish under the royalty deal VU handed them. It's a possible like EECH is. I'll have to refresh my memory as to how good the thing is or if there's enough of a standalone mod like there have been with ioquake engine titles in general to fire up the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                I'll have to look at the game, but I think this is going to be a usable title to move over to Linux.
                Sounds good.

Game code, no engine- like the NOLF source release. Needs the latest Lithtech engine code to make it do anything useful. In and of itself, not likely, but if we can generate a bit of a stir, perhaps a commercial interest could be allowed, with a bit of cash changing hands, to make the Lithtech engine cleanly cross-platform in exchange for the rights to publish assets.
                I wondered how this didn't create a big stir and yeah, that would be a good reason why.

I'm not sure how one would combine this with the ioquake3 engine or if Ritual did enhancements or just added the game scripting and assets to the baseline Q3:A engine. I'll check into this. Assets would have to be bought separately by individuals buying the title for Windows (ugh...) or by a commercial entity willing to publish under the royalty deal VU handed them. It's a possible like EECH is. I'll have to refresh my memory as to how good the thing is or if there's enough of a standalone mod like there have been with ioquake engine titles in general to fire up the game.
                That is certainly an interesting thought. I do think that the game developers did modify the Quake 3 code for their own purposes, so perhaps, it's not going to be as direct as using ioquake. However, I think with a significant amount of code rework, I think it might work.

Comment

The Valve ones may be happening anyhow, so they shouldn't be on that list.
                  That's why I said they should be under the dead list.

Anyway Audiosurf is an indie title on steam which is probably a very good candidate as the guy behind it has shown a interest up to the point of included fixes so that it works better under wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                    Anyway Audiosurf is an indie title on steam which is probably a very good candidate as the guy behind it has shown a interest up to the point of included fixes so that it works better under wine.
                    Interesting title. Published through Steam. Perhaps we should remember this one and see if Valve does, in fact, get Steam available. If so, the publisher could much more easily be convinced to allow someone to come in and help him make a Linux version of the title and have him publish the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosfish View Post
                      One game that I think would be a winner, it's not completed yet, check it out at http://www.grotesque-game.com/
                      Yeah. I'm thinking someone ought to talk with them. On the list of to-dos for certain.

Comment

Working...
                      X