Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Partly related - are there any FOSS easy to use modelers?

Reference: I learned NetRadiant in a few hours. And tried Blender for days and still can't use it.
    I wont say blender is hard because thats relative to personal tastes but I will say that many people find it difficult. That said, anything is hard unless you know how to do it. It took me about a month to grasp it at a basic level. maybe it had something to do with me leaning max first.

@dragonlord
    We have hit a brick wall haven't we I think we have taken this wayyy off topic.

Comment

• To be honest, yes indeed. Maybe a moderator wants to split off the posts into an own topic so things stay clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
        @dragonlord
        We have hit a brick wall haven't we I think we have taken this wayyy off topic.
        Yes, you both have...

To be honest, yes indeed. Maybe a moderator wants to split off the posts into an own topic so things stay clean.
        I'll second that. To be honest, we need to fork the original topic in addition to the other split (It is a good discussion guys- serious...) with a new discussion start (it's evil difficult to track this to it's beginnings at this point...) and have a mod close this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          Yes, you both have...

I'll second that. To be honest, we need to fork the original topic in addition to the other split (It is a good discussion guys- serious...) with a new discussion start (it's evil difficult to track this to it's beginnings at this point...) and have a mod close this one.
          In the meantime, while the thread is open and still off-topic, why not take it further off course

Anybody yearning for the good old times of USENET where ignoring off-topic posts (and notorious trolls) was so much easier, and the ability to keep track of topics and threads depended on your newsreader, not on the server you read the posts on?

Back on topic, I'm glad to see Achron on the "being looked into" list (refreshing twist on an old concept). Wish I could help with the porting work. OTOH, I may be able to help with localization (Slovak and Hungarian), if needed (No, I don't _really_ think it's needed, but still... Will work for credit). The offer stands for other projects as well, of course.

Comment

• *UPDATE*
            "urban warfare" is owned by the school not the developers.

der was another car shootemup i was lookin into but thats school owned aswell. Any chance we can get the schools to release the rights to student works?

Comment

• Sensible World Of Soccer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                *UPDATE*
                "urban warfare" is owned by the school not the developers.

der was another car shootemup i was lookin into but thats school owned aswell. Any chance we can get the schools to release the rights to student works?
                Depends on the school in question. Some of them would be more than happy to get some professional assistance and have their students do it as a class project (Porting to alternate platforms would be a good study for CompSci and GameDev students...). Some of them will be like dealing with a regular publisher.

I'll look into it- it's worth a go to see what they say. I've added the student project in question in the looking into list. Could you do me the favor, L33F3R, of posting the other game over there in the new thread so we can keep good track of it and make assesments accordingly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinth View Post
                  Sensible World Of Soccer, please.
                  I can't say that Sensible World would be accessable (It's an XBox Live title...)- previous versions were available for other systems so I suspect that there's a usable codebase for Sensible Soccer 2006. IF Codemasters is amenable to a port. I'll put that one in the "maybe" list for now...

Comment

• please lock this thread and add link to part2 instead
                    Last edited by reavertm; 01 June 2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• What about ...
                      • X: Beyond the Frontier
                      • X-Tension
                      • X?: Terran Conflict
                      ?

Comment

Working...
                      X