KDE 4.1 Beta 2 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    The problem with Debian unstable is that it crashes every few hours while unstable branches/repositories of other distros are running just fine.

Debian unstable (and testing too!) are more or less bugged like hell.
    You're absolutely clueless.
    We don't even release updates every few hours (what you're saying is technically impossible).

Do other distros even have three branches?

Please add some actual facts and examples instead of blindly bashing something you obviously don't understand.
    Sid only accepts packages that are "supposed" to be bug-free (upstream).
    Testing gets them if they don't break the current snapshot.

PS: ...and if you do find a bug, please file a bug report.
    Leeching is easy, try doing something constructive.

PS PS: For those using testing/unstable, every update that has a known bug (mostly upstream) comes with a warning.
    Do read it and don't install it if you don't understand it.
    It's really that easy.
    Last edited by jensz; 31 July 2008, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Ahah! It was caught on a screenshot: http://digg.com/linux_unix/KDE_4_1_Does_Not_Work

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
        Ahah! It was caught on a screenshot: http://digg.com/linux_unix/KDE_4_1_Does_Not_Work
        Are you LinuxHater by any chance? If not, you should send it to him cause he loves bashing on KDE for weeks on end.
        Last edited by stan; 30 July 2008, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Sorry, no, and I don't listen to the unproductive rants of an idiot who's trying to make ad money either.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
            Sorry, no, and I don't listen to the unproductive rants of an idiot who's trying to make ad money either.
            Heh, although there is one post of his that hits the nail right on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by jensz View Post
              You're absolutely clueless.
              And you can't read.

We don't even release updates every few hours (what you're saying is technically impossible).
              It *CRASHES* every few hours. It does not *UPDATE* every few hours.

Do other distros even have three branches?
              openSUSE and Gentoo are the ones I'm familiar with. openSUSE has the "HEAD" branch, and Gentoo has portage's ~arch (testing) and [M]arch (unstable/experimental).

Please add some actual facts and examples instead of blindly bashing something you obviously don't understand.
              You should read before you reply.

PS: ...and if you do find a bug, please file a bug report.
              Leeching is easy, try doing something constructive.
              I'm not using Debian anymore.

Out of all distros I ever tried, the testing and unstable branches of Debian had the most bugs. Ubuntu (which is based on a testing branch of Debian) is actually very stable, for example. Same goes for Gentoo's testing packages.
              Last edited by RealNC; 31 July 2008, 10:45 AM.

Comment

openSUSE and Gentoo are the ones I'm familiar with. openSUSE has the "HEAD" branch, and Gentoo has portage's ~arch (testing) and [M]arch (unstable/experimental).
                openSUSE has Head, Factory, stable. For projects like KDE there is Factory, Stable and Unstable. Your right debian is not exclusive in that club.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  openSUSE has Head, Factory, stable. For projects like KDE there is Factory, Stable and Unstable. Your right debian is not exclusive in that club.
                  Notice the question mark I used
                  I don't use SUSE, so I'll just assume your correct on this.

That kiddie above claims his system crashed "every few hours" (some weird huge kernel oops?, KDE can't do that).
                  It's a very fare question to give just one tiny example.
                  If he can't do that (as he failed to do twice already) he's indeed absolutely clueless (brainless insults like "you can't read" don't change that and only make his claims even more stupid).
                  Last edited by jensz; 31 July 2008, 08:07 PM.

Comment

That kiddie is older than you. And since you can't accept other's opinions you fall back to insulting them. You call me stupid and brainless while at the same time you claim that "you can't read" is an insult?

I am sorry I offended your almighty Debian. It was due to my errors that it was locking up my system every few hours, I'm sure of that. I probably moved the mouse, I shouldn't have done that.

Comment

I probably moved the mouse, I shouldn't have done that.
                      It's OK. That's how you learn.

Comment

Working...
                      X