There's New In-Fighting Over The Future Of Compiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porting Compiz to Wayland

There will be no compiz 'port' to wayland per se but perhaps some sort of compiz drm compositing with integrated screen recorder that works well (maybe sprinkle in some audio so it can dance with pulse). It will not be called compiz but something entirely different, under the northfield project tree. The first addition to this tree is compiz stable original C implementation.

Now with several experimental plugins! Such as fireflies, freewins, photowheel, screensaver, snowglobe, stackswitch, stars and wizard!!!

- Scott

Comment

That's All Folks!

blog.northfield.ws

Comment

Given that the compiz clones that KDE and Gnome are working on are already orders of magnitudes more bloated, and are still not there in terms of eye candy and accessibility features, this is good news.

Drama is part of the compiz tradition, so that's ok. smspillaz, come back, too!

Comment

I love how people say to just 'fork it' and often when they do, people get angry. Huh.

Comment

Warning!

Scott Moreau is this loser who tried to get Michael at Phoronox to write positive articles about his projects in exchange for kickbacks.

When Michael exposed him and his dirty scheme, he started with threats and intimidation.

Originally posted by Scott Moreau
            You failed me Mike.

This means You're Fired. From this point forward, you are hereby strictly forbidden from posting anything that are my works or anything developed under or advertised by The Nothrfield Project. If you do not wish to heed this official notice, I will not hesitate to move forward with appropriate and full recourse.

Thanks

- Scott
            This guy is crazy, he is a weirdo, and he is a loser. Stay away from him.

Source: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTM0MTM
            Last edited by uid313; 24 November 2014, 04:28 PM.

Comment

A fart in the wind makes more noise and lingers longer, he will vanish in due course.

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Scott Moreau is this loser who tried to get Michael at Phoronox to write positive articles about his projects in exchange for kickbacks.

When Michael exposed him and his dirty scheme, he started with threats and intimidation.

This guy is crazy, he is a weirdo, and he is a loser. Stay away from him.

Source: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTM0MTM

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                I love how people say to just 'fork it' and often when they do, people get angry. Huh.
                I know right? Though, in this case I think the attitude is "let it be forked and die off" rather than the usual "let it be forked so it can grow". Personally, I don't really care. I stopped using compiz 5 years ago (because I either use KDE or I use XFCE/LXDE in an environment where I care about efficiency).

@uid313
                You do realize Scott is active in this forum topic, right? Also, based on the way the article is written, there appears to be more of a slightly negative bias toward Scott, so I highly doubt your theory.

Comment

What is he, a 12 yo?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    @uid313
                    You do realize Scott is active in this forum topic, right? Also, based on the way the article is written, there appears to be more of a slightly negative bias toward Scott, so I highly doubt your theory.
                    He was quite active here during the last lot of dramas over the Northfield thing too. He didn't leave us with a very good impression...

Comment

Merry Unbirthday?

Don't read too far into it or you will simply go mad! </Cheshire Cat>

Comment

Working...
                      X