Yahoo To Become Default Search Provider For Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stqn View Post
    I don?t think they need more money to make the GUI crappier and remove features, as they?ve done since FF4.
    +1 IMO the backend developers are doing a good job, can't say the same for the UX "manager(s)".

Comment

Here's some screenshots for you guys of the new search page Yahoo made for Firefox users :P

Comment

Is that Search button Bootrstap?
        If so, are they seriously loading 60kB for a single button?
        If not, why use that grotesque and overused styling at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
          Is that Search button Bootrstap?
          If so, are they seriously loading 60kB for a single button?
          If not, why use that grotesque and overused styling at all?
          I just checked: no boostrap. The entire landing page (not including images) is only ~55kb. With images it's ~189kb.
          I didn't check the results page (after you search something), but I assume it's similarly light.

As for the styling, I assume it's because it's somewhat reminiscent of the old Yahoo style? As in, they've modernized the site and all, but wanted to keep it "Yahoo!" still.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
            As for the styling, I assume it's because it's somewhat reminiscent of the old Yahoo style? As in, they've modernized the site and all, but wanted to keep it "Yahoo!" still.
            To bad, a purple, flat without rounded corners (a.k.a. 1-2px border radius) would have been the perfect fit

Comment

Working...
            X