Google Chrome 39 Brings Mostly Internal Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
    firefox looks horrible on kde, on unity , on gnome.., it looks good only on windows and osx. Google chrome, now is horrible too, because they doesn't use gtk or qt...
    Firefox works great for me on Windows and gnome flashback. I never tried on GNOME and KDE.
    Only thing is that it has the tabs in an own bar, instead of the title bar like on Windows.

Else Firefox blends in great and works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Allard View Post
      I agree with uid313, Chrome looks so weird on Linux. Firefox on the other hand is integrating himself just fine in every desktop, but then again what really matters is that the programs work fine. Chrome absolutely doesn't, shitty lagging browser.
      firefox is so slow on my radeon, with opensource driver and closed, chrome is so fast because use gpu aceleration on my graphic card, but after 2 or 3 hours I experienced lag-

Comment

firefox seems to integrate ok with kde. kde hooks the gtk theme engine so it looks pretty much the same.

Comment

Taste

Meh, this is just a matter of taste. Some people like Chromium's appearance on their desktop environment, some don't. The same thing happens to Firefox. Personally, I like how Chromium and Firefox look on my KDE desktop. If you don't like yours, look up themes for it. If you don't find a nice theme for your browser, then make one yourself.

Comment

is there a way to get java working with this release?

Comment

Originally posted by marccollin View Post
              is there a way to get java working with this release?
              No, Google removed the support of NPAPI a long time ago, for Java you have to use a browser which support this. For example Firefox.

Comment

it's was i have done for my mother computer after a couple of try to get it working...

Comment

Working...
                X