Debian Init System Coupling Vote Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
    Stop saying this, it is a lie pure and simple. Nobody is obligating Debian users to run systemd. If you don't install any packages that require it, you can run whatever init system you want. Lying over and over to spread FUD helps nobody.

There you go. You talk about "freedom", but then say that some software should be banned. The height of hypocrisy.

And for the love of god man, get a spell checker. Your posts are hard to read.
    Well,

In fact no one obligates no one to do any thing...!!

But you will get penalties...and that is the same after all...

If Debian will base their work in systemd, then will be difficult to get fredom!!!!!

And yes I can run Debian without systemd...for now...but even for now there are already a lot of packages that I need that uses systemd, and I cannot because of it use them...and so...without that packages...the Debian OS ( ...Remember I am talking about Debian OS...) cannot be used by me, because it doesn't have the right tools to work with...

So yes Debian is pushing a thing in the OS that a lot of people don't want, and yes the freedom we got in the past, that freedom that makes Debian OS so big...is about to end

There were a lot of people working in Debian OS in the past, they worked there because they understood that the Debin Values are the ones to defend...and they gived more than 10 years of their work to Debian movement...

Now we see a bunch of kids destroying the dream...so yes, is sad!!
    Today, No one has a minimal respect, for the Debian OS...seems that everybody look to Debian like if it was a Desktop OS, or a Desktop Environment...which is NOT!!

Finally, because this space have a English language, I force myself to speak in English( At least I try ), but if someone don't want to make a effort too...I can speak in my maternal language...and then don't came to me saying that you don't understand s**t...

Comment

• Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
      If Debian will base their work in systemd, then will be difficult to get fredom!!!!!

And yes I can run Debian without systemd...for now...but even for now there are already a lot of packages that I need that uses systemd, and I cannot because of it use them...and so...without that packages...the Debian OS ( ...Remember I am talking about Debian OS...) cannot be used by me, because it doesn't have the right tools to work with...
      "Freedom" is not the right to have people do what you want. You are free to fork, to contribute, to provide patches. You are even free not to update! Yes, if you do that, you can keep Debian with sysvinit for a very long time. Nobody forces you.
      You can choose to use systemd, or refrain to update some software, or fork some software, etc... The ability to choose is "freedom". But you cannot command other to do what you yourself want.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
        So you're complaining that upstream developers want to take advantage of some new features available to them. Too bad, that's their decision, not yours.

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
        There were a lot of people working in Debian OS in the past, they worked there because they understood that the Debin Values are the ones to defend...and they gived more than 10 years of their work to Debian movement...
        You're saying that Debian is more important than upstream, but Debian doesn't exist without upstream. You want people to hold to a philosophy with no regard for the real world? That's ludicrous.

What does "Debin Values" (sic) mean, anyway? The freedom to choose your kernel? You can do that. The freedom to choose your init system? You can do that? The freedom to choose what software you use within the requirements set by the actual developers? You can do that, too. The freedom to stomp your foot and throw a hissy fit because upstream makes those requirements? Too bad, nobody cares.

Now we see a bunch of kids destroying the dream...so yes, is sad!!
        You apparently have no idea who made this decision.

Today, No one has a minimal respect, for the Debian OS...seems that everybody look to Debian like if it was a Desktop OS, or a Desktop Environment...which is NOT!!
        No, nobody is looking at it this way. Nearly everyone involved wants to get rid of sysvinit, and for good reason. The only people who really oppose this are admins who refuse to learn something new (ie, crappy admins), and those that have believed the FUD spread by people opposing systemd. So we can pretty much all agree that sysvinit needs to go. This wasn't even a discussion in the TC, everyone agreed.

Finally, because this space have a English language, I force myself to speak in English( At least I try ), but if someone don't want to make a effort too...I can speak in my maternal language...and then don't came to me saying that you don't understand s**t...
        I'm not asking you to speak perfect english, just to actually type words.

Comment

• Originally posted by TmTFx View Post
          The problem is that, once upon a time GNU was a bunch of software that was crossplatform, this is why you see same programs in Linux, BSDs and other platforms. With this systemD move (needed by Linux using corporations) now the software needs it (even if we are talking about a libsystemd library), breaking a full portability to other platforms, am I wrong?

Just think to be a BSD user and imagine this:
          You can say: well it's a GNOME problem, so gnome will be linux only, good! I hate gnome.
          then one day the same will happen to openoffice and chrome.
          and you'll say: ok screw'em, let's not use them.
          then one day the same will happen to KDE and *your favourite software*
          and you: bast***s! I'll switch to WMaker and *a bad copy of your favourite software*
          then one day: Xorg and wayland would need systemD
          and you: I should do something to stop this systemD thing...
          but at the time you'll be alone to fight
          (somewhat citation Bertolt Brecht or Martin Niem?ller)
          Actually the other way around. GNU extensions to POSIX by nature make software less portable just like BSD extensions. One of the main reasons for Solaris dying was they didn't support GNU extensions so the majority of software that is not POSIX-compatible didn't run there

Comment

• Hmm, actually, now that I think about it, these threads are perfect material for the dialogues when someone presents something during cross-examinations. I tended to put things from the discussions themselves, but lately I have seen too few of such "arguments" there.

Comment

Working...
            X