Nokia Releases The N1, A Nice Looking Android 5.0 Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerVR: "The horror...the horror"

Shame that that doesn't use Intel Graphics, or even better, maybe a AMD Mullins (possibly would hurt more bat life but don't recall tests right now).

...BUT...it's a x86 machine so...i wonder if it can be installed a "regular OS" in it :")

Comment

New USB

Hey guys one thing Michael didn't mention... This is the first thing ive seen on market that actually has the new Micro-USB Type C reversible connector.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

$249 for a higher than 1080p tablet and most 1080p laptops still cost >$1000.

Comment

this looks like a nice tablet, I'll consider buying it only when I know whether PowerVR are going to help the community with drivers. I too was burned by GMA500/Poulsbo. If PowerVR contributed to Cyanogenmod, then I might believe "the leopard has changed his spots".

we have an LG G pad 8.3 in our family, it has a really nice 1200 x 1920 display. the newer G Pads are not as good.

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
            this looks like a nice tablet, I'll consider buying it only when I know whether PowerVR are going to help the community with drivers. I too was burned by GMA500/Poulsbo. If PowerVR contributed to Cyanogenmod, then I might believe "the leopard has changed his spots".

we have an LG G pad 8.3 in our family, it has a really nice 1200 x 1920 display. the newer G Pads are not as good.
            Maybe you want to buy Nexus 9 retina tablet instead?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
              Maybe you want to buy Nexus 9 retina tablet instead?
              to be honest, I have no real need for a tablet. my linux laptop resumes from sleep sufficiently quickly that if I walk over to my chair, pick it up, and start opening the display as I sit down, it's ready for a password and unlocks in a blink. Even cold booting takes under 30s. My portable device is a phablet, an Xperia Z Ultra.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                Hey guys one thing Michael didn't mention... This is the first thing ive seen on market that actually has the new Micro-USB Type C reversible connector.
                I'm surprised that's actually USB 2 instead of 3. I wonder what was the reason to go with the former?

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                  $249 for a higher than 1080p tablet and most 1080p laptops still cost >$1000.
                  You can buy the Acer CB5 Chromebook with Tegra K1 and 1080p screen for $249 on Amazon:

If you prefer Intel Bay Trail-M over NVidia Tegra K1, Toshiba sells one with Celeron N2830 for $369:

Comment

Shiver me timbers. PowerVR is what seasoned sailors whisper when telling ghost stories.

Comment

Yeah, PowerVR sounds like the bad choice. And it's not 14 nm Broadwell CPU. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_(system_on_chip)

I'd wait for a tablet with proper Intel GPU.

Comment

Working...
                      X