Nouveau Might Have A Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
    What about when running nouveau on non Linux....
    True I wasn't really thinking about that. A gnu would probably make more sense, but it'd be a lot harder to fit one between the letter "n" and make it look good.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      True I wasn't really thinking about that. A gnu would probably make more sense, but it'd be a lot harder to fit one between the letter "n" and make it look good.
      GNUveau

Comment

We can see BSD users aren't wanted here...

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
          I think the penguin should go away, this would also make the logo simpler and thus easier to recognize at small sizes.

Comment

I can see Haiku OS making use of Nouveau in the future, as well as BSD. Nouveau is MIT licensed, isn't it?...

Comment

Device drivers doesn't really need any logos.

Also this logo is confusing and consists of many subtle colors with low contrast.
              It it is not clear and easily recognizable, and it would probably do poor in print.

It is nice to see people contributing, but this logo isn't really great as far as logos are concerned.

+1 for effort though.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Definitely Beef
                  (about BSD, Haiku and whatnot.... a solution must be found)

Maybe the penguin can be eliminated.
                  And yes: more contrasted colours....

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
                    They should superimpose the horns on that penguin

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                      I'm a little bothered by the penguin not being centered (maybe because of the beak?) but otherwise this is actually a pretty good logo. Has a lot more depth and meaning to it than most, especially compared to nvidia's logo haha.
                      Yea, the penguin being offset does look a little odd. I think having it centered would look better. My guess is that the penguin was offset to give the "n" some kerning, but I don't think it is necessary since the outside shape of the "n" suggests that it is more of a simple font letter style than a cursive one.

As far as printing the logo in monochrome, it looks like it should fare pretty well aside from possibly darkening the gray slightly so that the change from each color is more linear.

I like it so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X