Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauerbraten CTF Edition

Phoronix: Sauerbraten CTF Edition

Formerly known as Cube, Sauerbraten is an open-source first person shooter game built upon the Cube engine that has been entertaining gamers for years. Sauerbraten has come along way when it comes to advanced rendering features, maps / game-play modes, and other features, with a sign of these improvements being the Sauerbraten 2008-06-17 CTF Edition release. As implied by its name, this most recent release of Sauerbraten introduces a capture the flag game-mode. In addition to the CTF gaming support, there are many other improvements and new features, with this being the first update since the end of 2007.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Impressive release. Great game, and their own engine is also quiet good! I am wondering what the open source engines will be able to with OpenGL 3, if it ever comes out... anyone knows what's delaying it?

Comment

screenshot #2 shows some cool reflection effects.

i haven't played this game, maybe that's why i'm impressed :]

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        I am wondering what the open source engines will be able to with OpenGL 3, if it ever comes out... anyone knows what's delaying it?
        I would wait for SIGGRAPH 2008 (11-15 August) for that.

Look for it in the English Wikipedia article for OpenGL, in the section about OpenGL 3.

Comment

Looks very nice. Can't wait 'till there's a .deb for it.

Comment

Working...
          X