Gizmo 2 Development Board Powered By AMD SoC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    ... it is Kabini because it is FT3 . Kabini are all current AM1 and FT3, ...
    No!
    E.g. Opteron Xx150 are FT3 but they are Kyoto NOT Kabini!

[/QUOTE]... Jaguar is platform arhitecture ...[/QUOTE]
    No!
    Jaguar is microarchitecture.

... Temash is for tablets, ... besides Temash ...
    Why would AMD choose a different name only for the tablet versions but not for e. g. the server versions?

Comment

Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
      No!
      E.g. Opteron Xx150 are FT3 but they are Kyoto NOT Kabini!
      You can call it like you want if you want to raise confusion - i like to avoid that ... for me all those for mobile, server, desktop: socketed or soldered are Kabinis

Next Puma architecture, mobile and eventual server, desktop: socketed or soldered are let say Mullins for me, even if it is better to call them Beema

That is what it is, i don't want to remember XYZ variants of the same architecture just for different market I even called those for consoles Kabini eg. 2xKabini+BIG_GPU

Why would AMD choose a different name only for the tablet versions but not for e. g. the server versions?
      They can name every variant differently and i don't care about that, i need my brain for other things .
      Last edited by dungeon; 14 November 2014, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I was searching the Internet to try to find out whether AM1 is ECC-capable, so I could use it for a FreeNAS build, and came across this thread. Looks like it's pretty controversial. Has anybody here found definitive information? I found this thread here: http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...ECC-detection&

Where a Passmark employee said:

Yes, you are correct. MemTest86 was incorrectly making the assumption that because the chipset is Chipkill capable, then ECC is enabled. Please give this corrected build a try:

http://www.passmark.com/ftp/memtest86-usb-5.1.1025.zip
        So does that settle it? I have no idea what he means by the chipset being Chipkill capable, but ECC not being enabled... They came to that conclusion from the D18F3xE8 register, as drSeehas has been emphasizing for the last couple of pages in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by plasmasnake View Post
          ... FreeNAS build, and came across this thread. Looks like it's pretty controversial. Has anybody here found definitive information? I found this thread here: http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...ECC-detection&

Where a Passmark employee said:

So does that settle it? ...
          Ask your question in the Passmark thread or ask AMD.
          Last edited by drSeehas; 10 December 2014, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X