Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Driver Gets DisplayPort, HDMI

Phoronix: Intel Driver Gets DisplayPort, HDMI

Earlier this week support for Intel's GMA 4-Series Chipsets was committed to the xf86-video-intel DDX driver and OpenGL support in Mesa. In preparation for the forthcoming Intel GMA X4500, the Intel Linux driver has received some added work last night...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i really wish they would just separate the gmax4500 out and smash on a pcie card....

Comment

Well nobody would buy that I think. To compete with ATI/NVIDIA the card should be much faster. But that seems to take more time than expected, as Intel of course wants to create discrete graphics cards. The current solutions are usually slower than the integrated ones from competitors but work already with an open source driver pretty well.

Comment

i would be willing to pay an excessive price for such a piece of hardware..

though i suspect they could make it a great deal faster if they wanted, The X4500 has okay performance for its price/power

Comment

Working...
        X